Minibus to Slough and Langley Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dadcool

Re: Minibus to Slough and Langley Grammar

Post by Dadcool »

berksmum wrote:i know this is a very old post. But is there someone from the Reading / Lower Earley area who send their children to Herschel ? I have heard that there is a taxi service or mini bus . Any pointers will be helpful.
On the other thread there was mention of Herschel school thinking of adding new route to Reading. However we can confirm this only after mid-term break so too late for CAF.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 10&t=44803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Snshah

Post by Snshah »

hi Dadcool
Currently 5 kids r going from lowerearly to Hershel grammar school by taxi
If you r interested for next year please let know we can arrange something together
Thanks
Dadcool

Post by Dadcool »

Snshah wrote:hi Dadcool
Currently 5 kids r going from lowerearly to Hershel grammar school by taxi
If you r interested for next year please let know we can arrange something together
Thanks
Thanks Snshah :)
I am definitely interested for next year. We are in central Reading, will reach out to you over PM for the details and arrangement.
aimoisi

Post by aimoisi »

Hi,

Travel from Reading to slough grammar school.

We are currently looking for more DS to join our existing taxi arrangement. At the moment, the existing travel plans is house to house pick up and drop off to tywford train station.

2 of the kids finish this year and we have spaces. Please do let me know if you are interested.
The Preppy Mama

Post by The Preppy Mama »

Hi everyone.

I wonder, is there a route to Langley Grammar from Sudbury Hill/Harrow?
I am new to the forum and just looking around for the options. Please could you advice?

Many thanks.
sandra

Post by sandra »

We live in Reading and I understand that few kids based in Reading/Earley get through to Grammar schools in Slough.

I am not a catholic, so St Bernard may not be a possibility but interested in Herschel mainly (for Sept 2017 entry).

Do they need to score more marks in the CEM 11plus as they are based far away from the school? or
Is it that they have to be over the normal cut-off and then it is based on the distance from school?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

There is a sticky post at the top of this section with links to all the Slough admissions info. It is different for each school so you need to look at the one you are aiming for.
I think Herschel admits 70 based on highest scores and then start taking into account distance from school
sandra

Post by sandra »

Yes, you are right - it says on the school website.

I have seen data related to OoC distance from Bucks grammar schools where places were offered in the previous years, can I get the similar info for Herschel? Any links will be helpful.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I updated this post some time ago with historic data for the Slough schools.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =10&t=9313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sandra

Post by sandra »

Many thanks, its helpful.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now