Kendrick 2012 results. Quiet before the storm?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Chintzy

Re: Quiet before the storm?

Post by Chintzy »

Oh Density, :lol: that is soooo true. I too find myself pondering over such questions as Habs vs St Albans in the independent school section. Unfortunately we will never have to make that choice :D but the threads can be riveting can't they? I especially enjoy the results in BUCKS. It gives me a warm glow when they pass. I even find myself hunting back for their first post, so I can enjoy the 'journey'. I sometimes fantasised that we should have gone for the BUCKS eleven plus too, so we could have had at least some result by now! Even though we are ooc and it would take 1 hour to get there by bus! Not really practical but I would take any hint of result!

How sad is this, I have even started googling Kendrick and looking for threads on Netmums and mumsnet. There aren't many but it does make me realise how lovely and polite people are on EPF. Some posters on the other forums are quite Forthright and that's a nice way of saying it.

Aliportico, I haven't even considered a waiting list. :shock: I often think how nice it would be to have so many school choices up my sleeve that Kendrick wasn't quite what we were looking for :D

For results day I am going to take some lessons from miss ga ga and work on my 'poker face'.
Chintzy

Post by Chintzy »

Why does my Lady GAGA reference not appear above?. Is 'p o k e r f a c e ' rude? I admit it's not that funny but not too rude. Or have I missed something embarrassing? I thought that I'd better explain myself :D
MrsBrown

Post by MrsBrown »

I have also been looking at the Kendrick website, and I don't have any daughters!

Now that really is getting quite desperate!

Must get out more... I might check out mumsnet and skulk in the forum.

Results day is only a distant dream at the moment and not a subject allowed at home :-(

My only outlet is EPF as I have bored everyone in my family/close friends with what ifs....

We always sing Bogey Face (now that really is childish) - I'm sure GAGA would approve.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

MrsBrown wrote:I have also been looking at the Kendrick website, and I don't have any daughters!
Lol, oh dear, yes that's bad :-)

11 days to go .... well, possibly 10 plus the rest of today ... perhaps I should set myself a daily task to try to use up some time, those decluttered bedrooms sounds good!

I do actually have a sensible question today. Last night, I logged on to the Reading council website, just to make sure I could remember all my log in details etc. (I couldn't, in fact! Have changed computers since September, so had to go and find them. Just as well I wasn't doing that at midnight in the first, I would have been in a right state! And I can't imagine the website would respond too well then to people needing password reminders, lol!)

Anyway, eventually got in, all well, except that where it says on the left that I have applications for ... it has my ds's name listed twice. Both are clickable, both have exactly the same information, sJustitted at threw same time and so on.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Argh, am on my phone, and it gets funny past a certain size box.

Anyway, submitted at the same time, everything identical. So, just a glitch? Do other people have this? Or do they really think I've made two applications?
MrsBrown

Post by MrsBrown »

Sorry can't help we're WBerks.

Good advice to check login and retrieve password before 1st March Thanks!

Does anyone know what the time frame is for accepting offers for RGS, as some Indies are quick off the mark (ie 5th March)?

How does this work if you're on the waiting list for RGS? can you stall the Indies or is that bad manners?
cestlavie

Post by cestlavie »

Hi,

Thought I'd add some positive words having felt exactly the same as you all describe this time last year. Whatever happens (in our case DS didn't get in), it will all work out. DS is now very happy at his secondary school, we're very happy with it and it all seems like a distant memory (or perhaps nightmare!).

Re waiting list, we went through this for RGS last year, it was tortuous to track him slowly move up until he was only a few places away by the summer holidays. After that I gave up checking. There are threads from last year if you want to know the timescales - and the admissions secretary was very helpful from the outset at gauging our chances (basically if ranked up to 120 you stand a chance, above that it isn't very likely).

We did accept the indie place (which is where he is now), and paid the deposit at the beginning of March.

Good luck to everyone.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I feel for you all - this will be me in a year's time.
It's true that we will get the score before having to fill out the CAF but I believe all this will tell you is whether your DD has got at least the minimum mark of 109. It won't tell you if she has a place at Kendrick - although you might be able to make an educated guess based on old threads maybe? Any data will not be totally appropriate though since it will be the first year of the Designated Area too so it's all open to variation.
It's never easy is it?
Jeepers

Post by Jeepers »

We are also waiting ...me not very patiently. I will def be on the website at midnight to find out as soon as I can, not least as our postie doesn't come until after lunch. In the meantime, I keep reading threads on EPE and never, ever, raise it with friends or family unless they are silly enough to express an interest and ask me first...(which, strangely enough, no-one ever seems to do twice).

Good luck to you all.
Density

Post by Density »

Can I ask a question to those trying for a second/(third?) time with a sibling already at the school (MrsBrown, Hermione, aliportico)? Do you feel more or less confident this time?

I guess I am asking if you think your child, who's trying this time, is of the same level of ability as your previous children, who got in?

Thank you for your post cestlavie. I'm determined to try and keep the whole thing in perspective.