Kendrick 2015 entry anyone ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sonasona

Re: Kendrick 2015 entry anyone ?

Post by sonasona »

Time for us to step up guys………..It’s our turn now :lol:

Dd has a renewed interest now she’s heard a couple of friends will be going for Kendrick (family friends not school friends!)

She’s pretty good at the VR so has started to do a couple of weekly NVR sessions with her elder sister.……….I’m wondering at which stage she’ll come to me :o
rg45mum

Post by rg45mum »

It is a while since I posted here and thought it was a good time to bump up this post - interested to hear from anyone who is Sandhurst/Crowthorne/Wokingham way and looking at entry for 2015 so will be doing entry test in September 2014.
ng786

Post by ng786 »

Hi all.... I'm new to this forum. My daughter is in yr5 nd would like to go to kendrick. Have been doing at home with her on the bond books but not really working out was wondering if any1 new of any good tutors in the caversham area who does 11+...thanks :)

Had a tutor come out to the house for 2 months frm September but she wasnt really very helpful wt the VR and NVR rather was focusing on English and maths .

By the way wt does dd and ds stand for?

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' posts seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members (check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Note:
  • • Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

dd - dear daughter
ds - dear son

Helps to make it shorter and avoid naming them! Good luck on your 11+ quest!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =9&t=29397" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See number 10 in Etienne's FAQ post.
scary mum
ng786

Post by ng786 »

Thank you admin and kenyancowgirl :)
Haleema

Post by Haleema »

Me as we'll but I live in Feltham..I am interested in making a little study group as well thanks..
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

If Kendrick go ahead with the consultation (which they probably will do) you need to be particularly careful in selecting tutors for Kendrick this time round as a lot of them will be seasoned pros at traditional VR & NVR. They might struggle a bit with the enhanced English and mathematical content.

A tutor who has previously taught for Reading Boys may be more suitable.
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

Also, in the consultation paper, it says that the in catchment address that will be taken into account will be the address as of _June 2014_ , which means that you would have to be in catchment before you sit the test in Sep 2014 (assuming DD gets a high enough score and they want a place) to ensure a place... No moving into catchment once you have the results :? I think I've read it correctly...
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

TigerMum wrote:Also, in the consultation paper, it says that the in catchment address that will be taken into account will be the address as of _June 2014_ , which means that you would have to be in catchment before you sit the test in Sep 2014 (assuming DD gets a high enough score and they want a place) to ensure a place... No moving into catchment once you have the results I think I've read it correctly...
100% correct :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now