Kendrick changes to school finish time

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

TigerMum

Re: Kendrick changes to school finish time

Post by TigerMum »

Thank you both! I am kinda resigned to getting 2 of everything... and as you say Tinkers, we won't know for certain until they start whether they'll be doing the same sports at the same time etc. I just never imagined I would be shelling out for 2 hockey sticks etc. MiniTigers are quite wussy (should call them WussyKittens really) and would probably prefer warmer tracksuit bottoms. Not sure how their co-ordination is yet, we've some hand-me-down tennis racquets somewhere but I can't be sure that DH hasn't freegled them away already (ggrrrr) Is it cycle shorts and the PE skort? Or one or the other?

We've just been getting more trackie bottoms etc. for their upcoming yr 6 residential (yes, school did say don't buy anything new, but we've a distinct lack of slouchy/comfy/do activities type of clothes). No doubt none of this stuff will either fit or be suitable for Kendrick, tsk tsk. Plus they've totally outgrown all of their wet weather gear, so had to buy all that... because you know it will rain, it's the UK! :lol:
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

dd1 never got a hockey stick - there were always school ones to use, but that might be changing over the years? I never got her any trackie bottoms either, poor kid ;-) She had the skort but no cycle shorts - would you need both? (Dance?)

I managed to get quite a lot of PE kit secondhand at the new parents' evening - don't know if they still do that? I have a few things here, I should take them into school before then.

(dd1 is going on the y7 residential - she is very excited!)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

DD says that all the girls have their own hockey sticks, but the school does have some.

She used the cycle shorts for dance and gymnastics. On questioning she says that some girls wore their skorts.

Last years new parents evening had second hand school jumpers and science overalls but no PE kit. I was hoping to get a few spares but wasn't to be. Thankfully she hasn't lost anything yet, but she has brought home so done else's hockey sock and her best friend's sweatshirt. Both returned to their rightful owners.

I actually managed to get a reasonably priced tennis racket from sainsburys in Winnersh, with the promise that if she liked it and was any good we would buy her a decent one. No worries on that score.

DD is looking forward to the year 7 trip. Seems quite pleased that Young Aliportico is going too :D

DD has grown over 2" since last September :shock: , but everything apart from trousers still fits.
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

Tinkers wrote:Kendrick will be changing the school end time to 3:15. ( From 3:10)

If you have transport plans in place they might need a little rethink but shouldn't be too different.
This is going to cause us major problems because DD (Y11) will miss her bus, the timing is tight as it is and she occasionally doesn't make it. The next bus is 40 minutes later. So I am not happy and feel that the school should have consulted parents to at least establish how many girls would be adversely affected before making a decision :(
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Torrylee wrote:
Tinkers wrote:Kendrick will be changing the school end time to 3:15. ( From 3:10)

If you have transport plans in place they might need a little rethink but shouldn't be too different.
This is going to cause us major problems because DD (Y11) will miss her bus, the timing is tight as it is and she occasionally doesn't make it. The next bus is 40 minutes later. So I am not happy and feel that the school should have consulted parents to at least establish how many girls would be adversely affected before making a decision :(
they certainly did a survey of all the girls in DD's class asking what their home travel arrangements and timings were.
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

Reading Mum wrote:they certainly did a survey of all the girls in DD's class asking what their home travel arrangements and timings were.
That's interesting, DD is certain that her form wasn't asked :? .
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now