SLOUGH ALLOCATIONS 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Gee9876

Re: SLOUGH ALLOCATIONS 2019

Post by Gee9876 »

I believe that Langley sent emails to everyone that didnt get an offer today. The email advises them of their place in the waiting list.
Shame Upton couldnt have done the same?!

I am wondering where 120 may be on their waiting list.

Your child has definitely got a place at Langley though, as 117 from P2 has got in. It must be a technical error, have heard of it before to be honest.
All the best!
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

Gee9876 wrote:I believe that Langley sent emails to everyone that didnt get an offer today. The email advises them of their place in the waiting list.
Shame Upton couldnt have done the same?!

I am wondering where 120 may be on their waiting list.

Your child has definitely got a place at Langley though, as 117 from P2 has got in. It must be a technical error, have heard of it before to be honest.
All the best!
Thank you!

For Upton, the waiting list may be distance based ... how far are you from Upton? That will determine the place in the waiting list more than the score. Our 2nd DS goes to Upton and his score was lower than someone else in his intake but he placed higher in the waiting list due to being closer distance-wise.
Sel_edw

Post by Sel_edw »

Need help. My DS has scored 123 within priority area 2 for Langley grammar school. Not offered a placement in any of the school in slough, although sibling goes to Herschel. Making us very anxious with all the hard work He has done. Does anyone think it is an error? We are naïve about the system. where do we start. :( :( .
Is there any hope.
Last edited by Sel_edw on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

There is another poster in a similar position & it sounds like an error. I would contact your local council on Monday.
scary mum
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

Sel_edw wrote:Need help. My DS has scored 123 within priority area 2 for Langley grammar school. Not offered a placement in any of the school in slough, although sibling goes to Herschel. Making us very anxious with all the hard work He has done. Does anyone think it is an error? :( :( . Is there any hope.
We are in a similar situation - which local authority is yours?
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

scary mum wrote:There is another poster in a similar position & it sounds like an error. I would contact your local council on Monday.
Yes although am starting to think (and worry more!) about how likely it is to be an error? Is it possible there is some other reason at play here?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

2015_11_plus wrote:
scary mum wrote:There is another poster in a similar position & it sounds like an error. I would contact your local council on Monday.
Yes although am starting to think (and worry more!) about how likely it is to be an error? Is it possible there is some other reason at play here?
Errors can and do happen. We see some every year. It’s usually an issue between two LAs not transferring data correctly.

Given the many thousands of children applying for places and the numbers of LAs involved, it’s not totally surprising that some issues crop up.

However this doesn’t help you right now, when it’s you thinking you are at the wrong end of it. If it is a mistake it should be quickly sorted.
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

Tinkers wrote:
2015_11_plus wrote:
Errors can and do happen. We see some every year. It’s usually an issue between two LAs not transferring data correctly.

Given the many thousands of children applying for places and the numbers of LAs involved, it’s not totally surprising that some issues crop up.

However this doesn’t help you right now, when it’s you thinking you are at the wrong end of it. If it is a mistake it should be quickly sorted.
Yes you have hit the nail on the head - until it happens to you, we don't realise how complex this whole process is and that it should not surprise us that errors happen. I am really hoping it is an error and we won't have to go through a lengthy process of resolving it. It's already hard this weekend consoling our DS and waiting until we can speak to someone on Monday.
Sel_edw

Post by Sel_edw »

We were all getting so excited and planned a big surprise for my DS. Whom should we contact first is it the school or the local council.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Sel_edw wrote:We were all getting so excited and planned a big surprise for my DS. Whom should we contact first is it the school or the local council.
You’ll need to contact both, but I’d suggest the school first, to check whether they think they have actually given you a place or that they should have given you a place, then LA.