Slough Results 2008

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Kusum

Post by Kusum »

Thanks and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!to u too Drastic Dad, Worriedmummy, P4pankaj, Jaysdarlin and BW. Best of luck for all the others parents who are still awaiting results. This has been such a test for endurance for our children, its good they have this experience so early on in their lives. Kudos to them for going thru this. Thanks to the forum!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

JaysDarlin and son!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent News!!!!!!!

:D

BW
JaysDarlin wrote: Just told dh who had completely forgotten (due to being abroad on a business trip and having lost his passport, having to make a new one, whilst not telling us so we wouldnt worry) and he is thrilled - now to tell ds!
No wonder he forgot, in this instance I think you can forgive him :wink:
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

JaysDarlin wrote:Hello, my dear and wonderful supportive friends,

Thanks to you all, this amazing website, I am overjoyed to announce that my ds got 123!

Just told dh who had completely forgotten (due to being abroad on a business trip and having lost his passport, having to make a new one, whilst not telling us so we wouldnt worry) and he is thrilled - now to tell ds!

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news!

rajmundo

Post by rajmundo »

Dear All,

I came across this whole site by chance and have been reading peoples comments and advice for a couple of weeks now.....pleased to say my dd passed with a score of 117.

I am so happy for her as she worked ever so hard in the last 6 months. Our first choice was Langley as my elder dd is there already.

I know last year Langley accepted people with scores from 116, so hopefullly she will sneak in...I wish we could play the elder sibling card !!

Anyway congrats to all parents whose dd or ds passed and to all the kids who took the test, I think somewhere along the line we parents sometime forget how young they are.

We'll wait until 02 March to find out ...that'll be fun....it's her birthday on that day as well... :lol:
jazzy

Congratulations!

Post by jazzy »

Hi JaysDarling

What wonderful news! :D Well done you can all relax now.
I will have to wait till tommorow afternoon since the post comes very late ... fingers crossed :?
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Congratulations Rajmundo, That's great news!!

:D

BW
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Well Done Rajmundo and daughter! I hope she gets a good birthday present!

And a big well done to everyone. This hasnt been an easy time for any of us - the fact that some have passed, doesn't mean that everyone has. I'm sure that many of us have not had a desired result - in which case, take heart that you did the best that you could, and this is truly an honourable deed.

Well done to you and your dear children for trying your best - they will go on to do extremely well, as they have been trained to a very high level, and will be above their peers in high school.

nischals

Post by nischals »

Congratulations to all of you for your good news. :D
This is my first post and am happy to say that DS passed with 119. Does he have a chance of getting in LG?
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hi Nichals,

Congratulations to you and your DS!

Going by the history of Langley offering places, I'd say you have a good chance at getting in. If you dont offered a place in the first round of allocations, March 2nd - then you stand a good chance of getting a place via the waiting list.
passinby

thanks

Post by passinby »

Hello to all on this thread. Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone. All the posts here and on the rest of the forum have been a great source of comfort/support to me, even though I haven't posted much myself. My twins have 'passed' the langley exams, but with scores of 123 and 117, I'm worried one will be offered and the other will be off to another school! Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained.... I was surprised by how philosophical 10 yr olds can be. Must be all that hard work they had to learn to do made them grow up rather quickly. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now