Allocation Day 2009

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mz

Post by mz »

Loopyloulou wrote:Well done all !!!

...and especially (for me) mz's DD; GH's loss is Kendrick's gain!!!
Thanks Loulou, hope this is a right dicision for my DD. Kendrick seems quite good at GCSE and not far behind of GH.
taffymum

Post by taffymum »

Hello Shack
your experience sounds identical to the story of a classmate of my DD so we DO have girls at the same school!! Hope all goes well for you and A and speak to you soon.
Regards
taffymum
Shack

Post by Shack »

Hi,

Found out today that DD has been offered a place at Kendrick. Really pleased that we have made it and haven't had to wait too long. DD is on a school trip this week so she won't know till she ges back on Friday.

For anyone else out there on the waiting list, we were originally 18th in joint 111th position, looks like the list is moving quite fast.

Thank you to everyone on this forum, you really do provide a valuable resource for parents who have limited knowledge of the 11+ process, what to expect etc...It's 3 years till I have to go through the 11+ experiance again this time for DS and RBS.

My DD also used the standard NFER papers, we were advised against using BOND. Doing word puzzles like crosswords is a good way to improve word matching skills. For anyone wanting to know the actual scores required, My DD's raw scores on the papers were 87/100 VR and 65/75 NVR - so roughly 87%, ood enough to get her on the waiting list, she is end of March born.

Thank you again, now going to start panicking about whether DD will be able to cope!!!!
ks

Post by ks »

Excellent news, Shack. Very well done to your DD.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Shack and DD!
Knew you would, but at least the waiting is over. I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful Friday ahead of you! :D Next stop Uniform and Hawkins sport ;)

Thankyou Shack for a valuable insight into the prep and the req'd scores. Interesting to note that pass percentage appears roughly in line with the RS allocation's as well.

That's Kendrick - 11, Reading - 6 :D
taffymum

Post by taffymum »

Hi Shack
Thats great news, you must be so relieved. Thats 2 from our school! She will be thrilled to bits when she finds out on Friday.
:D I'll see you then.

Regards taffymum
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

Many congratulations Shack and DD, that is really good news. Time to celebrate! :D

Thank you for posting your raw scores. For those of us who struggle to understand standardisation this is more meaningful information and your daughter's scores sound pretty impressive to me!

(I may have lost count BW but I think that might even be 12-6? We need to include Bracknell Dad from a travel thread!!)
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Torrylee wrote: (I may have lost count BW but I think that might even be 12-6? We need to include Bracknell Dad from a travel thread!!)
:lol:

Quite right, missed that one.
Competitive streak run in the family? :lol:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

12-6 ?

Any more lurkers? :lol: :lol:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

My DD's raw scores on the papers were 87/100 VR and 65/75 NVR - so roughly 87%, ood enough to get her on the waiting list, she is end of March born.
Shack,

Many thanks for that detailed information, gives us all some hope, you don't need 90plus percent for Kendrick. :)

It will vary from year to year and with the black box of standardisation.

Also shows how the scores bunch, many able girls will have missed out by a few marks. :roll:

steve
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now