Slough Grammars - Historical Data on Final Offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

YesWeCan

Re: Slough Grammars - Historical Data on Final Offers

Post by YesWeCan »

Hi,

I am new to this area and sorry if my question is too naive.

Looking at the data of Upton court grammar for 2015, which is given as below:
Upton Court
Pan 145
Total applications 1072
Eligible applications 648
All timely eligible applicants were admitted.
If 648 applicants were eligible and there are only 145 seats available, then how come all eligible applicants were admitted? I am surely missing something here, please could some one throw some light on this.
Thank you.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think it probably means that not all of those put it first on the CAF & so we're offered other schools.
scary mum
Humble Parent

Post by Humble Parent »

Slough grammar schools 2016 entry initial offers are as below:
Langley Grammar: 125 for general area, 124 on distance , 111 for local admission area.
Herschel Grammar: 119
Upton court: 116
Saint Barnards: please anyone who is aware of cutoff in first round please update for the benefit of parents of kids appearing in sept 2016 for 2017 entry.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Humble Parent wrote:Slough grammar schools 2016 entry initial offers are as below:
Langley Grammar: 125 for general area, 124 on distance , 111 for local admission area.
Herschel Grammar: 119
Upton court: 116
Saint Barnards: please anyone who is aware of cutoff in first round please update for the benefit of parents of kids appearing in sept 2016 for 2017 entry.
Thank you for posting these. I'll update the post for everyone else. Can I ask where you got the data from?
Humble Parent

Post by Humble Parent »

Hi , got this data from various sources, which include calling up schools, friends in my sons class who missed one school and got another in Slough. MY DC made to Herschel grammar. Most reliable data came from my friend who wrote and got emails back from schools mentioning cutoff scores.
sandra

Post by sandra »

Based on the data above, would you know what was the cut off in Herschel for out of catchment candidates. I understand there are 70 seats for high performing children?
Humble Parent

Post by Humble Parent »

hi everyone,
Just to update Herschel school offer, two of my DS friends who had taken up offers from Upton court in first round were yesterday offered Herschel at score off 117 and both from Southall .
goodraw

Post by goodraw »

Does anyone know what proportion of the PAN at Langley went to local area and how many to general area? Also, do Upton Court and Herschel also operate a local area rule?Thanks
sooperdad77

Post by sooperdad77 »

Hi Chad, In your posting.. you had mentioned "PAN" - 120. what is meant by PAN? Please explain
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

PAN means planned admission number, essentially how many students they intend to have in the year group.