Interviews at EHS and KEHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mike1880

Re: Interviews at EHS and KEHS

Post by mike1880 »

It does sound quite a challenging task though, since the film shown at lunchtime two years ago was "The Simpsons Movie". I don't think I could write a poem about that at short notice...

Mike
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

mike1880 wrote:It does sound quite a challenging task though, since the film shown at lunchtime two years ago was "The Simpsons Movie". I don't think I could write a poem about that at short notice...

Mike
Ha ha, perhaps I'm not so impressed after all in that case! I should think the challenging task was for the teachers, trying to identify a film that wouldn't offend anyone's ethnic or religious sensitivities.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

I totally understand the point that you are making, it is very valid, however I think poetry is a funny one. I suppose it did give the really talented arts students a chance to shine. However, I was a really talented arts student once, and I do not think that I would have won the scholarship that I did win, if the written question I answered had been writing poetry instead of essay based.
"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops."
Henry B. Adams
um

Post by um »

I was not impressed with the choice of 'Simpson's Movie'. Couldn't they have chosen a nice National Geographic film instead? Or something remotely entertaining such as The Golden Compass? Or even Bee Movie (my 3-year old son's favourite!)
I have always (strong word I know) hated The Simpsons and not allowed my children to watch it. It is written by a self-confessed anarchist who has admitted to wishing to undermine family authority and relationships. Occasionally a valid political point may get through but generally I find the humour pretty puerile. My son was not particularly interested and read his book instead of watching it....

Its only fair to say that the film was not, however, in the original plan. The boys were to have an afternoon of sports, but as it was very snowy the school were forced to put on a film instead. Perhaps that was the only one they could find?
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Ha ha - the Simpsons. No he definitely did not write a poem about the Simpsons. I must have my years mixed up!
"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops."
Henry B. Adams