1st day for Year 7s

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Samlet

Re: 1st day for Year 7s

Post by Samlet »

I have a suggestion about kids and keys Um.

We have a key safe which looks like a big padlock and is locked onto a very solid downpipe at the side of the house. It has a simple 4 digit combination which the children can easily remember and means that they can always get in. I started my DS off with house keys, but didn't replace them when he lost them (they turned up down the side of the sofa months later to my relief :oops: :oops: :oops: ).

It cost about £25 but it gives me massive peace of mind that DS can get in if he comes home when I am out and he isn't carrying keys any more.
um

Post by um »

Happily, the keys were found this morning, in the toy box, by my daughter who was searching for her lost pencil case (containing an expensive fountain pen :roll: ) which hasn't been found yet....

But that is a big relief - thank you for the key safe suggestion.
I'm unsure about it as we're on a main road and there's no 'corner' to hide it behind so the safe would be in full view of a lot of people.

But I won't be letting him have the house key on his key chain for a while!

Today is an, um, special day at CHB and the boys have to dress in their house colours as much as possible.
My ds1 asked if he could dye his hair red last night :shock: :? :shock: so I guess that gives away his house then! (I didn't let him, primarily because I don't actually have any red hair dye...)

Edit: A friend has suggested that ds2 keeps his key chain clipped onto his blazer at all times. This seems a good idea, so I'll probably make him do that from now on - assuming he doesn't lose his blazer.
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

My daughter decided she wanted to be more 'independent' last night. So today she had less help than usual to get out of the door. She left without her blazer. *sigh* Thankfully the school supplied a spare. Since she's lost her jumper too she'd have been very chilly otherwise.
Professor Yaffle

Post by Professor Yaffle »

I was expecting to hear about a trail of lost items not issues of bullying in the few first weeks of starting a new school :( reeyah I have replied to your other thread.

My DS seems to have the opposite problem-bringing home other boys uniform as well as his own. I think I have nagged him so much about not losing anything that he is grabbing everything in sight after games :oops: He has settled much better than I could have hoped though and has only good things to say and so I am very happy with that :D
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Having done quite well so far :) , this morning, DD set off for the bus stop with DS1, leaving her planner lying on the floor in the middle of the hall :( . Fortunately, we noticed it in time for DS2 to hare up the road and catch her before they got on the bus. I had had visions of having to follow the bus in the car and hope I was able to see which of her possible "interchange" stops she used (a joy for following traffic!), or even drive all the way to her school and leave the planner at the office for her.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now