QM results day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Okanagan

Re: QM results day

Post by Okanagan »

mum1975 wrote:Hi, my son got a score of 307 - I know its above the 305 but obviously way under the 318 lowest score admitted last year, do you think he has any chance of getting in to QM boys on the waiting lists? It seems to be a percentage of 75 per cent which is the 318 + is what QM arr after and who will get a place judging by the scores I think.
The standardised score (e.g the 318 for last year) doesn't relate to a particular percentage of correct answers on the paper.
Confusedmummy123

Post by Confusedmummy123 »

Hi, first post.

I am feeling a bit confused hence the user name. My dd. obtained 310 in the QM exam. Looking at scores from last year it seems unlikely that she will gain a place with this score even with the extra admissions number. i will however put it down just in case and keeps my fingers crossed.
When I originally registered for the consortium exam I did not include WGHS on my list as I felt distance was too far from home. However looking at her score it seems that 310 may be enough for her to gain a place there. My question is, would she be eligible to be considered for a place even though I did not tick this school on the original registration form. There may be a green bus not too far from the house which would make the journey more 'doable' than i originally thought. Thank you for reading this.
peter5

Post by peter5 »

@Confuse I am sure you can .I have read of parents even putting down schools they did not pick , on the waiting list after not getting their first preferences and ending up jumping the queue to front of the list .Contact the Wolverhampton Council for further info .The choice we made on the preference list for the exam is not the choice we made in October . The October one is the important one .
Confusedmummy123

Thank you for your reply. We would need a green bus route for her to be able to get there. Can anyone advise whether routes are the same each year or whether they vary according to intake? Also does anyone have any experience of Wolverhampton girls school? The journey would take about 1 hour I think so trying to decide if it would be worth it. Local school is ok and would be about 20 minutes on public transport. From website wolverhampton girls school looks lovely but don't know whether I am being unfair on dd even considering asking her to do such a long journey.
pink lantern

Post by pink lantern »

My daughter scored 379 :D
I know my daughters score is very good but do you think she is absolutely guaranteed a place at Queen Mary's high school?
Rupy

Post by Rupy »

Dear Pink Lantern,

Congrats on your dd's score. Of course nobody knows until one gets the offer letter. However your daughter got a brilliant score!1, 69 points more than QMHS baseline. Just don't slip up on the local authority form i.e. put it down as your first choice.

regards Rupy
zha

Post by zha »

Confusedmummy123 wrote:Thank you for your reply. We would need a green bus route for her to be able to get there. Can anyone advise whether routes are the same each year or whether they vary according to intake? Also does anyone have any experience of Wolverhampton girls school? The journey would take about 1 hour I think so trying to decide if it would be worth it. Local school is ok and would be about 20 minutes on public transport. From website wolverhampton girls school looks lovely but don't know whether I am being unfair on dd even considering asking her to do such a long journey.
Dear Confusedmummy123,
Check out the greenbus web site for details about the routes offered:

http://www.thegreenbus.co.uk/bus_services/school/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best wishes.
--
zha
Confusedmummy123

Thank you zha. Will have a look.
pink lantern

Post by pink lantern »

Thanks Rupy for replying!
peter5

Post by peter5 »

Confusedmummy123 wrote:Thank you for your reply. We would need a green bus route for her to be able to get there. Can anyone advise whether routes are the same each year or whether they vary according to intake? Also does anyone have any experience of Wolverhampton girls school? The journey would take about 1 hour I think so trying to decide if it would be worth it. Local school is ok and would be about 20 minutes on public transport. From website wolverhampton girls school looks lovely but don't know whether I am being unfair on dd even considering asking her to do such a long journey.
Our DC journey takes over an hour and DC is quite ok and happy with the journey , quite a few DCs in the class makes a longer journey to school .She will be ok .If she is used to public transport that would be a bonus ,if not,you have got enough time to get her used to it .They are getting older and more independent .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now