CHB 2017 Starters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
imranb

CHB 2017 Starters

Post by imranb »

I was hoping I could connect with some of the CHB starters this year.

I have just received a one page letter from CHB asking to 'Accept' the place. Reading from other experienced posters, I thought that once you have accepted the offer from your council that was it, but clearly it appears you need to do that with the school too.

Would the welcome pack come after this and when should that be expected?
imranb

Re: CHB 2017 Starters

Post by imranb »

imranb wrote:I was hoping I could connect with some of the CHB starters this year.

I have just received a one page letter from CHB asking to 'Accept' the place. Reading from other experienced posters, I thought that once you have accepted the offer from your council that was it, but clearly it appears you need to do that with the school too.

Update: Sent an email to the school confirming our acceptance. Had a response almost immediately confirming receipt and also that they would be sending out a Welcome pack in 2-3 weeks time. So I guess I have answered my own question. :wink:
sky111

Post by sky111 »

Acceptances have to be in by Thursday 16th March and then the welcome pack will be send.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Last year we received letter from KEFW on 2nd March, inside there was an acceptance slip to be sent back to the school.

I accepted the council offer and I also sent the acceptance letter back to the school.

Wanted to cover all bases and not leave anything to chance!

Imranb - congrats on your DS offer :D
timothylewin

Post by timothylewin »

remember the best part used to be a hand written letter from Mr Roden; oh how time flies.
um

Post by um »

I remember ds1 (now in his final months at CHB) receiving a hand written card from Mr Roden.
He was very excited :D It remained on the shelf in the lounge for at least 8 months!
advain

Post by advain »

imranb wrote:I was hoping I could connect with some of the CHB starters this year.

Hi Imran,
Same here.... sent an email confirming our acceptance. Reply received stating that "email received and welcome pack will be issued in 2-3 weeks"
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now