Waiting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Happy dad

Re: Waiting

Post by Happy dad »

indigop wrote:they might surprise and come early ;)
We received ours on Thursday last year which I think was a day early.
OldTrout

Post by OldTrout »

Hi HappyDad:

Was this the Walsall 11+ score or are you talking about the King Edward Consortium Score?

For those viewing this discussion, do you think when you have received your 11+ results you could just post a message here saying I've received results from X today by post/ by e-mail/ etc.... so other parents waiting will know when to be expecting their own results/ if there is a problem.

Thanks.

Good luck everybody!
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I wouldn't worry about that OldTrout, plenty of people come on to say they are waiting/ have seen the postman/ missed the postman/ neighbours have received theirs etc. In fact, some people make an account and join the forum just to post the scores.

Last year I spent the whole morning walking between the laptop on here and the front door. And yes, it was the KE results that arrived by the Friday for most people - quite a good idea too as it allows things to settle down over the weekend. Just don't blurt the result in the playground!

DS asked me if I would wait but I told him there was no way I was going to be able to do with the letter in front of me :D and will read it but not tell him until he came home. Some of you may be more sensitive to your children's wishes though :lol:
UmSusu
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

UmSusu wrote:I wouldn't worry about that OldTrout, plenty of people come on to say they are waiting/ have seen the postman/ missed the postman/ neighbours have received theirs etc. In fact, some people make an account and join the forum just to post the scores.

Last year I spent the whole morning walking between the laptop on here and the front door. And yes, it was the KE results that arrived by the Friday for most people - quite a good idea too as it allows things to settle down over the weekend. Just don't blurt the result in the playground!

DS asked me if I would wait but I told him there was no way I was going to be able to do with the letter in front of me :D and will read it but not tell him until he came home. Some of you may be more sensitive to your children's wishes though :lol:

Ah yes - a pet peeve of people on here, when newcomers join to brag, along the lines of "I got 280, with no tuition/extra work, do you think I have a place?" :roll: :roll: A girl last year told everyone she got 300, until DD told her it was impossible! :lol:

From memory last year, it was good that results arrived on a Friday. Gave everyone a chance to focus on their DC over the weekend and classmates weren't as bothered about asking on the following Monday.

DD also asked us to wait, but it was too tempting to open it so I think we opened the envelope carefully, read it and then resealed the envelope so she had her own envelope opening moment too! :D

Hope everyone gets the result they want! :D
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

Our post didn't arrive until 1.35pm today!!! Next Friday is going to be an absolute nightmare... :( :(
um

Post by um »

Our post hasn't arrived yet and it's after 2pm. In fact my TES paper, which is supposed to come every Friday, often arrives on Saturday or Monday :(
I'd prefer an email any day... plus it would be much cheaper for the consortium.
esam99

Post by esam99 »

As per http://www.birminghamgrammarschools.org/offers.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;,

RESULTS

You will receive your child's test score by Friday 18th October 2013 by post. The letter will indicate the scores required for admission for each of the schools in the previous two years. Parents/carers can then decide whether or not to include any of the Grammar Schools in Birmingham on their home Local Authority (LA) preference form.

CUT OFF SCORES

The score of the last child to gain entry to each of the Grammar Schools in Birmingham as of 1 March 2013 was:

Boys:
Bishop Vesey’s Grammar School for Boys: 217

Handsworth Grammar School: 216

King Edward VI Aston School: 220

King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys: 240

King Edward VI Five Ways School: 227

Girls:

King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Girls: 229

King Edward VI Five Ways School: 227

King Edward VI Handsworth School: 216

Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls: 215
knotmum

Post by knotmum »

I'm a newbie, sorry one of those annoying ones who only got around to joining recently. I've really appreciated all the advice and comments on this board, especially over the past couple of weeks. You are a lovely group of parents and I wish you all the very best for next week!

I've been trying to fill my time by going to open evenings and researching our local schools. But really only ended up tying myself in knots (hence my user name!). I've tried telling myself to wait until we know the Birmingham results but if its borderline or worse I want my dd to feel happy with her 2nd choice. She has set her heart on Sutton Girls. We've got one more day time tour to do, and we only got that because I begged the school!

Anyway, good luck to you all and stay calm its only a week now.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

um wrote: I'd prefer an email any day... plus it would be much cheaper for the consortium.
Is there no email this year? Has that also changed? :shock:
I remember waiting very late on the D-day 2 years ago (we were on the same boat, umsusu and um, do you remember? Having our little chat on the forum very late 8) ). Nothing appeared at midnight nor half an hour later...
next morning I checked at 7 a.m. ... nothing. Then at 8 a.m. ... still nothing... I didn't mind any more... till I dropped off DS at school and I saw the parents talking about results!! :shock: I was so surprised! Got back home, read the results... and went back to school to tell the news to DS as I felt it would be unfair for him to know nothing while most of the other children knew...
Old times then...
wishing everyone all the best. :wink:
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Hi JaneEyre
Think this is different cos it's just the scores. Not like 2 years ago when it was the online applications in March we were able to read. I remember that day very well! So shocked (and relieved) that my girl got her place at KEVIHS. We found out before school and then my daughter was the only one in her class who knew as everyone else had done paper applications and were still waiting for the post.