Waiting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Happy dad

Re: Waiting

Post by Happy dad »

OldTrout wrote:Hi HappyDad:

Was this the Walsall 11+ score or are you talking about the King Edward Consortium Score?

For those viewing this discussion, do you think when you have received your 11+ results you could just post a message here saying I've received results from X today by post/ by e-mail/ etc.... so other parents waiting will know when to be expecting their own results/ if there is a problem.

Thanks.

Good luck everybody!

Yes, the KE ones, letter came on a Thursday and I invented a forgotten dental appointment to get DS out of school to share the news. Need to work up a new story this year.
um

Post by um »

Honestly, HappyDad :lol:

My dd has a horse riding lesson after school on Friday 18th so if the post has arrived before then :roll: it will give me the opportunity to tell her the news - whatever it is - in the middle of the countryside :D
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

DS asked me if I would wait but I told him there was no way I was going to be able to do with the letter in front of me and will read it but not tell him until he came home. Some of you may be more sensitive to your children's wishes though

My DS asked me the same thing today! He wants to see the results first. I told him I will open the letter if it comes on fri and he can open it if it arrives only on sat. I just wouldn't be able wait!! :wink: . He is now praying that the results come only on sat :?
um

Post by um »

I've actually told dd it is Monday. Or she will drive me mad if the post doesn't come...
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

So it's fair to say , less than a week to go? :shock:
sasa

Post by sasa »

I've told my DD that results are sent out on Friday and with the post being unreliable it could be Saturday or even Monday before we hear anything. Hopefully we'll actually hear on Friday and I can open the letter and prepare myself for a suitable reaction when DD hears the news. Hopefully her friends who have also sat for KE don't spoil the plan by suggesting results will be out on Friday!!
um

Post by um »

It is now late Saturday morning and my TES still hasn't arrived :(
This does not bode well for next week...

Thankfully, even if my dd's friends tell her it is Friday she'll still believe me :D. Monday is looking more likely for us although I will start to go ever so slightly insane when everyone else gets their results and we don't. :roll:
goodmanj

Post by goodmanj »

Not long too go now, but the waiting is horrendous!! DD isn't bothered in the slightest as she has a week long School trip to look forward too, whilst I frantically check the post, just in case they should arrive extra early - silly I know! Roll on Friday!
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

DS2 is much more interested in a delivery on Tuesday than Friday- that's when his iPhone 5s is scheduled for delivery ( a bribe for doing tutoring whatever the result).

My dear wife decided to reveal that he wasn't the first to open his Adams and QMGS letters and we had got away with it. It is surprisingly easy to open, read the contents and re-seal envelopes. I have re- jigged my work commitments so I am working from home Thursday and Friday.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

I promised DS that I wouldn't open the letter but the envelope was thin and I managed to make out his score but holding it up to the light :oops:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now