Adams Buses from Wolverhampton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Happy dad

Re: Adams Buses from Wolverhampton

Post by Happy dad »

MSD wrote:Hoping that way! But also looking out at other options to see if we can relocate closer, but this is turning out to be a really difficult decision. We are on Northway, and it only takes us a minute to drop him at Beacon center bus stop and really works, other than the long journey. Just weighing up if it's really worth doing this with both boys in KEFW.

The other problem is that I still have a soft spot for CHB, and if little one score enough for it, I will love him to go there. However, he doesn't seem very keen on it and want the same school as brother and thinks CHB is too posh for him :roll:
A soft spot for the "evil empire" :shock:

DS1 just walks into Sedgley Bull Ring so it is vey convenient. We did toy with moving when DS2 did his exams but he "decided" he didn't want to go to same school as older brother so now not an option.

The length of journey has always concerned me somewhat but I must say it doesn't seem to bother DS1. He has made lots of friends on bus and he very much enjoys that part of the school day. I think our children are more resilient than we give them credit for. Sometimes he just listens to music, sometimes he plays on iPad, and sometimes he actually does some school work :shock:

I did raise the issue with him a while ago and potential for moving school but he was forceful in his response. He loves KEFW, and despite some concerns - particularly about the current Head - I really like the school too.

Given where we live the options are very limited. I don't think WGS warrants the fees charged, QM is more difficult journey and I wasn't so impressed with school, and OSH is just a different proposition altogether.

I would think twice about leaving that house too :wink:
MSD

Post by MSD »

Happy dad wrote: I would think twice about leaving that house too :wink:
Haha - or can you please find some decent tenants:wink:

I have the following reasoning for CHB (if he gets the score)

1. His brother was supposed to go to CHB, but missed by couple of points. If he didn't go, should the little one really miss out?

2. Our little one is quite mature and sensible. Should he be living in the shadow of his brother for the next seven years rather than making his own way?

3. I would rather invest in two different schools to see the outcome instead of putting both eggs in the same basket.

But the big plus with going to same school is logistics!
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

Yes with having twins the biggest thing is to try and treat them as individuals and I guess that is the same for all siblings. A large percentage of 2nd children go to the same school as their older sibling and that does seem unfair on them unless it is their first choice, people find it very odd that my children go to different schools (although one didn't get a score to get into grammar so that decision was made) but I did consider (in hindsight seems stupid) not sending the one who passed to GS due to the logistics and being a single parent........it is tough, but we are all coping well and my boys especially are thriving.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Logistics it can be a headache but the fact my two boys are at different schools has definitely benefited them - especially DS2 who spent seven years at primary being DS1 "younger brother".

DS2 is also perfect for a boys only school - DS1 would have struggled with all the testosterone and compulsory rugby.

I understand the CHB argument - but it still is the "evil empire" :twisted:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now