Just for fun - PREDICT the score!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Petitpois

Re: Just for fun - PREDICT the score!

Post by Petitpois »

First time mum you just triggered a ton of memories from 1981 for me, I remembered being transfixed to the TV and watching the military parade that resulted in the assassination of Anwar Sadat. Alistair Burnett and the news at 5:45, god I feel old now.

I am sure you did not intend that with your post.

Talking of news at 5:45 - come on Zulky????

nervous were having home made Swedish-ish meatballs, not quite IKEA, but you can only try. Girls have called me the worst dad ever, cos I put anchovies in with the meat and the berries and spice. I am making them wait now, hopefully they will get so hungry they will eat any thing..
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

And the odds of the BBC just happening to publish an article today - are astonishingly small. Isn't that weird.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-radio-and-tv-34424880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tonythetiger

Post by Tonythetiger »

Difficult one as my DD has not been the best at predicting how she has done e.g. in mock/practice papers. I predict 212...
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

PP your dinner sounds ambitious.

I got a blast from the last yesterday. There's a song out at the moment (DD listens to radio on way to school) called 'Ain't nobody' by someone.

I remember the original! Couldn't quite remember the artist, so googled it - Chakka Kahn November 1983! :shock:
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

chak chak chakka khan let me tell you!

aint nobody was better.

Mash and swedish meatballs and Petitpois (the little green uns, not me) - easy peasy
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Petitpois wrote:First time mum you just triggered a ton of memories from 1981 for me, I remembered being transfixed to the TV and watching the military parade that resulted in the assassination of Anwar Sadat. Alistair Burnett and the news at 5:45, god I feel old now.

I am sure you did not intend that with your post.
Not my intention at all. The problems of walking quickly and typing on a phone at the same time. It's all now edited as it was meant to be.

On the note of still waiting I can only presume that there is no news. I'm expecting them as the original plan. Really can't have them coming at the beginning of next week as I will be at work and will not be able to concentrate at all. I've left next Friday free to dwell on the results all day ( or go to the pub and get happily drunk :D
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Ha ha an 11+ survivors party. What a good idea. Drinks are all on bob and hes an lfc fan!!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Petitpois wrote:chak chak chakka khan let me tell you!

aint nobody was better.

Mash and swedish meatballs and Petitpois (the little green uns, not me) - easy peasy
Sounds lovely.

LFC fans here too :D
Thumbsup

Post by Thumbsup »

I'm predicting 205. Borderline .... Possible waiting list for Handsworth Boys I think!

Time will tell!!!
tiredmama

Post by tiredmama »

Petitpois wrote:Ditto Bob. I will be horrified if she scored is less than 200 because of the 360 on Walsall. Momentum was lost badly between 1/7 and 12/9

If she makes 209, that will do me as qualifying score achieved, although I will be peeved at having limited options in Brum.

My prediction after all the messing about with formula's and increasingly strong assertions from DD that she messed up "big time" on KE is 211

TiredM - that could have been a very nice strategy - peaking at just the right time. Mine did two hours a day Mon and Tues, but struggled to get her motivated - she wanted her holiday
i bet your dd would score much higher than that and she is just being very hard on herself or cleverly lowering your expectations as she's not too sure.
"To show me is far better than to lecture everyday.
To lead me is far greater than to just point out the way.
So if you tell me everything then I shall understand,
But rapid streams of words cannot compete with deed of hand[...]"
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now