Epiphany, homework and Grammars

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
quasimodo

Re: Epiphany, homework and Grammars

Post by quasimodo »

OldTrout wrote: Papa Trout was bent out of shape this morning that all the bananas were gone :lol:
Thank you OldTrout for bringing a smile to my face with your last comment. :)

Sensitive subject bananas in our household.Potassium is a real issue for my mother and mother in law and everyone else bar me has a real desire for them.I just keep buying them and buying them............
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
helen0209

Re: Epiphany, homework and Grammars

Post by helen0209 »

Likewise, DS1 has settled in well at HGS, although he doesn't like the early mornings - in fact he took himself off to bed at 19:30 this evening as he was so tired! :shock:

I don't think his homework has fully kicked in yet as they have had a lot of Baseline tests these first few weeks, so about 30 - 45 minutes a night. However, it does instill good disciplines that it needs to be managed and prioritised.

We don't have the food issue as DS is more interested in playing table tennis or football at break time so doesn't even venture into the canteen. Similar at lunch, but he does eat, and then gets out as quickly as possible to play again!

Friendships have developed, but no real messaging unless it is a homework related question - maybe a boy thing? He has made it onto the school football team which he is chuffed with.

We have a parent Study Skills evening tomorrow (no DCs) where they go through how we can help our DS through their academic career. I'm thinking this is going to be a tough year helping DS1 adjust to life at a grammar, and helping DS2 prepare for the 11+ exam next September. :?

Glad everyone seems to have settled in well, and best wishes for the future weeks / months / years.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now