KES exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pickledonion

Re: KES exam

Post by Pickledonion »

Just wondering if any of your DS sat the Solihull School exam as well? Has anyone heard anything about interviews there yet? Hope all the interviews have gone really well for your sons :D
mum1115

Post by mum1115 »

I know of a friend's daughter who has been offered a scholarship interview at solihull school.
simplelearning

Post by simplelearning »

WISE wrote:No news yet from KES, are they still calling for interviews or is it all over by now?

Will they let me know how ds performed in the test if i call the KES admission or foundation office?

Feeling very disappointed and heartbroken as ds was asking about it as well.

Not sure if its time to tell him to just forget about it and move on.
When my son had his interview on Tuesday, we were told that interviews were taking place up unti the 2nd of December. Whilst we were there, 3 other boys were waiting so it seems a few get interviews daily.
Anigan

Post by Anigan »

Hi, has anyone received the results letter yet? Are the results out yet?
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Friday
UmSusu
Anigan

Post by Anigan »

Thanks UmSusu, I thought so but was getting a little worried as it's taken so long
Pickledonion

Post by Pickledonion »

So, some people received results from KES today...and good news to share anyone? We received a letter from Solihull, delighted to say DS has an offer. Just waiting on KES now, although, for us Solihull is our first choice. Best wishes everyone if you haven't already received your letters...this part of the journey is almost done!
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

Bad news for us, no place. It's what I expected though, and I don't think it was the right place for him, so I'm not too upset. Just got a long wait until 1st March now!

Has anyone else heard (we got our letter yesterday)?
Pickledonion

Post by Pickledonion »

Sorry to hear that CrazyCrofter. You sound like you have a great attitude though and that your son's happiness is the most important thing to you. Wishing you all the best for March. We still await the letter!
WISE

Post by WISE »

Full fee place offer.

The letter says DC did well in the test but not enough bursary.

Full fee is not very practical for us, unless we remortgage or take a loan.

DC really liked the school that makes it more difficult. Not sure if we should give a try maybe for couple of years.

DC likely to get KE Aston or QMGS in March, is KES really that much better to go through all these?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now