AGS Test Score for each section and age standardised total

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Inspector General

Re: AGS Test Score for each section and age standardised tot

Post by Inspector General »

It is interesting that AGS operates this non-transparent policy. The Head has suggested in public that it is to prevent boys from comparing scores once admitted, presumably in Year 7, and some feeling dejected at the comparison. :(

I am sure this is partly true, but I also think it is driven by a desire not to draw attention to the differential standards applied between OOA and in-area boys.

DS1 (now very happy in Y8 at AGS :) ) was in the first wave of applicants after the catchment area was introduced and it was at that point that the school stopped advising parents on scores :( . We were fortunate as I had also ticked the box on the initial registration form for QMGS, who did send me the score (but AGS has now cunningly blocked that option too! :evil: ).

Ultimately I think it would be much wiser for AGS to make the scores public, particularly since it is relatively easy to find out anyway - it just leads to resentment, and grammar schools may need all the good will they can get if we have a change of government in the next few years ... !
El-jewel

Re: AGS Test Score for each section and age standardised tot

Post by El-jewel »

UW01 wrote:Hi El-jewel. I came here to ask the exact same thing! Received the notification of results letter from AGS yesterday. We're OOA, so the letter doesn't help much with making an informed decision. DS said he found it VERY challenging and missed out quite a few questions, so we honestly didn't think he'd pass. I've printed off the Subject Access Request Form for Durham Uni and also emailed them for more info. Hopefully this is one way of getting the info we technically should be entitled to. Let me know how you get on. Will update when I have more info.
Hi UW01. How did it all go for you at the end?
My DS got Adams and HGS but he doesn’t want to board so we’re settling for HGS for now.
Hoping for the best for yours.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now