Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Javed Akhtar

Appointment of Headteacher - Sutton Coldfield Grammar School

Post by Javed Akhtar »

I am delighted to announce the appointment of

Dr Barbara Minards
to the post of Headteacher at
Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls from September 2017.

Dr Minards has a PhD in Mathematics Education, and she will join us from Alcester Grammar School, where she is currently Vice Principal. There, she has been instrumental in the further raising of GCSE and A level results, and has overseen an expansion in student numbers.

An advocate for the selective grammar schools movement, Dr Minards is committed to continuing the development of our school, following on from the successful leadership of Mrs Shackleton, who will be leaving us at the end of the Spring Term. Mrs James will be Acting Headteacher for the summer term, until Dr Minards joins us in September.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the students, staff, governors and all those who were involved in the rigorous and extensive recruitment process, which has helped us to reach this successful outcome to our search for our next Headteacher.

I would like to wish Dr Minards every success in taking up this appointment, and the Governing Body, Mrs Shackleton and Mrs James will be working together in order to ensure a smooth transition of leadership of our school between now and September.

Nicky Lloyd
Chair of the Governing Body
January 2017
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now