Handsworth CutOff Score - 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
quasimodo

Re: Handsworth CutOff Score - 2017

Post by quasimodo »

um wrote:I don't think the waitlist will move as fast this year, now that they have super 2016 results published and an 'Outstanding in all areas' Ofsted.

But I would still expect boys on 208 to receive a place.
I think you are right on both counts.Reading the Ofsted report previously from what I remember the only area the inspectors asked the school to improve was their results in English at GCSE which the school recognises, in line with their other results particularly maths and the sciences.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

I think their English GSCE grades will improve in the future too. They do significant work in this area to boost pupils literacy skills and promote it as a 'language for learning' across the whole curriculum. The head has made a lot of improvements: updating the library facilities and its use for pupils, regular theatre/ cinema trips, active tutorial reading sessions and employing inspirational English teachers, one in particular whom dc5, is fortunate to have. He's never really enjoyed English Lang previously (partly due to his dyslexia). But in ks3, he's had excellent teaching and is looking to study it at A level.
Anxiousmum

Post by Anxiousmum »

Good evening all

Firstly, thank you for all your responses, it just looks like that I'm gonna have to sit tight and wait :|

By the way Monk - we are also from Solihull, so good luck to u as well. If are DS's get a place we will have to chat to discuss travel options!