WGHS first choice?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

femalemidlander

Re: WGHS first choice?

Post by femalemidlander »

Buckbeak wrote:
femalemidlander wrote:
Buckbeak wrote:My DD2 on 325. WGHS 1st place. Newport 2nd. DD1 in WGHS year 9.
Hi buckbeak you have the same choices as us :) welcome to the slowest and smallest thread on 11plus forum :lol:
Perhaps we are the only ones with WGHS in 1st place. You never know. :lol:
Lets hope so :lol: My husband has told my daughter he quite fancies going so perhaps there will be space for him this year :D
Diamond123

Post by Diamond123 »

☺️
wolvomommy

Post by wolvomommy »

WGHS is our first choice. My DD scored 316, so we're borderline.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

wolvomommy wrote:WGHS is our first choice. My DD scored 316, so we're borderline.
Hi,

Just a point of clarification.

I appreciate this is a worrying time.

You previously indicated had a "strongly encouraged" to apply letter from Newport girls with a score of 313 on another thread.Was that an error ? I appreciate you put some question marks after the score. In view of previous years scores and cut offs those three marks may be highly significant.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
wolvomommy

Post by wolvomommy »

quasimodo wrote:
wolvomommy wrote:WGHS is our first choice. My DD scored 316, so we're borderline.
Hi,

You previously indicated had a "strongly encouraged" to apply letter from Newport girls with a score of 313 on another thread.Was that an error ? I appreciate you put some question marks after the score. In view of previous years scores and cut offs those three marks may be highly significant.
She scored 313, apologies for the typo. Still borderline I believe.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

wolvomommy wrote:
quasimodo wrote:
Hi,

This was an interesting discussion from two years ago for Newport Girls high your second choice I am presuming .It seems from the discussion the preference area was introduced for the September 2016 admissions.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 6&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
wolvomommy

Post by wolvomommy »

Yes, it is, although I understand it's unlikely that she'll get offered a place there. Even if she did, it would be a logistical nightmare as her sister is already at secondary school in Wolverhampton!
femalemidlander

Post by femalemidlander »

wolvomommy wrote:
quasimodo wrote:
Hi,

wolvomommy wrote:
quasimodo wrote:
Hi,

fingers crossed for your daughter wolvomommy
Shergar21

Post by Shergar21 »

Our DD scored 320 with WGHS as our first place choice due to it being nearest from home and QMHS as our second choice.
Lawmonkey

Post by Lawmonkey »

Hi Shergar21, I think apart from your’s most of the posts on this thread this thread are from 2017! But we have WGH as first (and only) choice , and awaiting allocation letter. Our daughter ‘s score is 325.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now