Allocation and waiting list movement - 2018 - scores only

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dadybear

Re: Allocation and waiting list movement - 2018 - scores onl

Post by Dadybear »

Arlenejojo wrote:It’s not wrong if they are expected to keep have a certain percentage of pupil premium students . She’s replacing a space of a Pp student who’s not taken their spot. I beg you leave your ignorance at the door.

I have no pull anywhere, was not expecting to hear from them until about July but luckily I got the call today. Furthermore her score at the exams does not determine her potential and she could have done better but due to other things going on this is what she got.

I didn’t come on the forum to be met with negativity. Every child deserves a chance.

I bent no rules and attempted nothing against my morals to get her in.

Anyways I won’t let you ruin my mood. Enjoy your weekend
I am sorry if I hurt your feelings my friend that was not my intention I am truly happy for you & your child my friend

all I was saying was think of the children who are just below the cut off they didn't deserve this

if I was in a race and came last I don't expect to be in the final just because I am poor think about it

the system is in place but to me is all wrong & especially in this day & age with all this political correctness & equality

it was not my intention to offend anyone so am truly sorry if anyone took offence of my comments
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

When my son started FW in 2013, there was an intake of 150 and no PP.

The following year they increased their intake to 180, of which 20% were PP i.e 36 PP places.

The PP waiting list and the 'normal' lists are both completely separate.

If a PP pupil gives up their place, that space is then offered to the next child on the PP list.

However, when PP was first introduced not all the spaces were taken, this happened at CHG. Therefore once all PP were offered there were some spaces left and these were then offered to girls from the 'normal' list.

PP, in principle, is a great system, as it gives children who can't afford tuition, the chance they deserve.

However, like with all things, there are those that are prepared to abuse the system.

A couple of years ago there was a PP child who was dropped off at his tuition in the family Merc!!

Arlenejojo, I'm so glad your DD has been given the opportunity she deserves and I wish her every success.

My DS is year 11 at FW and DD is year 8 there. My daughter has a couple of friends who were both PP and have been given the chance of a GS.
Knitfaststaywarm

Post by Knitfaststaywarm »

Well done to your daughter! You both must be very proud :)

All this equality & equity rampaging around society- what is the coming to? trying to make things fairer for children who may have been disadvantaged, giving them a fair crack at the whip - anyone would think poor children actually benefit more than their more privileged peers - oh yeah, wait, peer review research shows they do....

Anyway *clutches pearls & reaches for the gin* :roll:
Knitfaststaywarm

Post by Knitfaststaywarm »

Do you know - I look around me at this brilliant country, so full of innovation, admired for our freedoms and

and compassion, and sometimes feel as if i've awoken in an episode of Blac Mirror:

the utter shame of food banks & hungry children

the dickensian sight of the homeless freezing to death on our streets

our fellow citizens burning to death in sub standard housing -whilst living cheek by jowl with enormous wealth

an immigration system that is both punitive,immoral and without compassion

the tiny hearted ness and downright meanest of spirit that would deny a disadvantaged child a first class education

Just what are we becoming in this country ?- everyday I am heart sickened. Children our hope, the finest resource we posess, our future glory We should love and honour every single one of them, rich or poor, black or white, all faiths &none, all abilities. But we just don't do we?
Dadybear

Post by Dadybear »

Knitfaststaywarm wrote:Do you know - I look around me at this brilliant country, so full of innovation, admired for our freedoms and

and compassion, and sometimes feel as if i've awoken in an episode of Blac Mirror:

the utter shame of food banks & hungry children

the dickensian sight of the homeless freezing to death on our streets

our fellow citizens burning to death in sub standard housing -whilst living cheek by jowl with enormous wealth

an immigration system that is both punitive,immoral and without compassion

the tiny hearted ness and downright meanest of spirit that would deny a disadvantaged child a first class education

Just what are we becoming in this country ?- everyday I am heart sickened. Children our hope, the finest resource we posess, our future glory We should love and honour every single one of them, rich or poor, black or white, all faiths &none, all abilities. But we just don't do we?
Were you been the CONSERVATIVES have been in power for the last 8 years :lol:
conroyiwhiwhu

Post by conroyiwhiwhu »

Got letter today offering a place at HGS (Boys), obviously not taking it up. We were 3rd on WL on 29 March.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

conroyiwhiwhu wrote:Got letter today offering a place at HGS (Boys), obviously not taking it up. We were 3rd on WL on 29 March.
Out of curiosity, why obviously? Have you now got a place in Gloucester or are you staying in Bristol?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

helen0209 wrote:
conroyiwhiwhu wrote:Got letter today offering a place at HGS (Boys), obviously not taking it up. We were 3rd on WL on 29 March.
Out of curiosity, why obviously? Have you now got a place in Gloucester or are you staying in Bristol?
And if you had no intention of accepting the place, why not let your LEA / the Foundation Office (as appropriate) know this as soon as you had decided? That way, nobody would have had to waste time, effort, stationery, postage etc on you and the next child on the list would have got his offer now instead of when you get round to turning the place down officially plus another however long for his letter to get to his parents.

Are you actually happy with your lower ranked school, but are just seeing how many grammar school places you can say that your DS was offered? Apparently it happens in north London with parents who have no intention of letting their DC attend a state school but want the kudos of being able to say that they were offered QE or HBS :shock: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

ToadMum wrote:
helen0209 wrote:
And if you had no intention of accepting the place, why not let your LEA / the Foundation Office (as appropriate) know this as soon as you had decided? That way, nobody would have had to waste time, effort, stationery, postage etc on you and the next child on the list would have got his offer now instead of when you get round to turning the place down officially plus another however long for his letter to get to his parents.

Are you actually happy with your lower ranked school, but are just seeing how many grammar school places you can say that your DS was offered? Apparently it happens in north London with parents who have no intention of letting their DC attend a state school but want the kudos of being able to say that they were offered QE or HBS :shock: .
Well said TM. I'd like to know why Conroy said 'obviously'
So many on here are genuinely hoping their sons will get a place at HGS.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I am surprised...I thought it was GS or bust....but you haven't got a place at any GS yet, have you, sorry in the multiple threads in multiple counties I may have missed the GS offer? And the way the wait lists are going, you might not... I do echo TM though - it is obvious you never had any intention of taking the place at HGS so is very selfish to not have withdrawn your son from the waiting list in advance and let the LA know. People like you slow the system down for everyone else - for the bragging rights? Seriously, genuinely nobody cares what schools you were offered places at - they just want to know where your child is going....As would I...what school have you actually got an offer from conroyiwhiwhu?

Interestingly, with all the recent chnages, I think HGS is going to be the school of choice for a lot of people next September - I have heard amazing things about it - people of Birmingham are so lucky to have so many good GS on their doorstep.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now