11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Cecilcaterpillar

Re: 2018 Allocations discussion Thread

Post by Cecilcaterpillar »

Ok restless sleep it is then
um

Post by um »

I wouldn't mind so much if all the surrounding LAs didn't send their results earlier :roll:

Given that humankind recently sent a Tesla car and fake astronaut into space on an unbelievably high powered rocket, is it really that hard just to set up a system that publishes all results on the portal at midnight?
A_Mum

Post by A_Mum »

Having the same trouble with Walsall, unable to log in to portal :?
Hammerhawk

Post by Hammerhawk »

QMHS 315 not offered, 315 was lowest waitlist LY I believe?..
wolvomommy

Post by wolvomommy »

WGHS 319 was the last place offered. When do we find out about the waiting list?
Bloxy57

Post by Bloxy57 »

QM Boys (1st choice) not offered at 333. BV (2nd) not offered at 222, Aston (3rd) offered. Non-PP. Very pleased with Aston offered but my son's definite first choice was QM. Quite surprised he didn't get an offer at scoring 333 which is quite a bit above last years cut off. Good chance via waiting list?
Also I presume I accept Aston and he is automatically placed on the waiting list for QM and BV? How and when should I know his position and if he gets a place? I am in Walsall LEA.
Appreciate any advice. Thanks.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Bloxy57 wrote:QM Boys (1st choice) not offered at 333. BV (2nd) not offered at 222, Aston (3rd) offered. Non-PP. Very pleased with Aston offered but my son's definite first choice was QM. Quite surprised he didn't get an offer at scoring 333 which is quite a bit above last years cut off. Good chance via waiting list?
Also I presume I accept Aston and he is automatically placed on the waiting list for QM and BV? How and when should I know his position and if he gets a place? I am in Walsall LEA.
Appreciate any advice. Thanks.
mentioned on other thread that it looks like you are v close to BV cutoff (whatever that actually is - we may know later)
um

Post by um »

You are on the cut off score so will hopefully have a place by end of March at BV :D

You are 5 points off QM - the waiting list will move, so I hope you do manage to get the place eventually, although it may be a bit of a wait. This is the first year of PP offers at QM so it's harder to tell what will happen.

It's interesting that you were offered KEA but not BV, meaning that for the first time ever it has become slightly 'harder' to gain a place at BV than Aston, especially as you are presumably closer in distance to BV.
walliv

Post by walliv »

Hope someone can help.....

QMGS first choice 328 not offered BV and HGS were 2nd and 3rd choice not offered with 210 but just rang the lea and have been told that he is only on the waiting list for QMGS how comes not for BV or HGS as he has a greater chance looking at the cut off marks in getting into HGS.

worried parent and wondering what to do

Any advice would be appreciated
um

Post by um »

He is automatically on the waiting list for higher preference schools.

Unfortunately on a score of 210 he is 12 below the cut off for BV so unfortunately he is very unlikely to be offered a place.

The LA has said that the cut-off for KE Handsworth Boys is 208 so at 210 I am not sure why you don't have a place.

However there may be some errors - a girl on 220 has not been given Sutton Girls (cut off 218) :?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now