HGS versus AGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Caveman47

Re: HGS versus AGS

Post by Caveman47 »

Thanks Helen0209

The funny thing is that DS2 enjoys reading more than DS1. However, we will have to work on the times table part. He doesn't lack determination that's for sure. lol
El-jewel

Post by El-jewel »

helen0209 wrote:El-jewel, glad you liked it there - from what you’ve said about where you live, if you do the Green Bus our DS’s may be on the same bus :)

Caveman47 - good luck with DS2. Would advise lots of reading with him and ensuring he knows his times tables inside out at this stage.
Hi helen0209, I was just thinking the exact same thing! I’m coming from the Erdington/Sutton way, so we could bus together when he starts.

For DS it’s a new found independence, he’s excited about having a phone and a key to the house and making himself tea!
Ricky74 says the bus picks up at Yenton, that will be straight walk home for DS.
Tonysingh123

Post by Tonysingh123 »

Congratulations All.

Our DS will be travelling from Wolverhampton to KEHGS and are looking at the possibility of arranging a car share to drop off and collect from School.

Please message me if anybody is interested at possibly arranging together.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

El-jewel wrote:
helen0209 wrote:El-jewel, glad you liked it there - from what you’ve said about where you live, if you do the Green Bus our DS’s may be on the same bus :)

Caveman47 - good luck with DS2. Would advise lots of reading with him and ensuring he knows his times tables inside out at this stage.
Hi helen0209, I was just thinking the exact same thing! I’m coming from the Erdington/Sutton way, so we could bus together when he starts.

For DS it’s a new found independence, he’s excited about having a phone and a key to the house and making himself tea!
Ricky74 says the bus picks up at Yenton, that will be straight walk home for DS.
Indeed it does - will send a PM later (once teas, homework, baths etc. are out of the way) and I have 5 mins :lol: !!
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

And just to follow on with all things HGS - just seen in the newsletter it has a new look website https://www.handsworth.bham.sch.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Suspect this will be getting quite a few hits at the moment :D
El-jewel

Post by El-jewel »

Thanks Ricky47.
I saw the new website yesterday. Literally parked there now :lol:
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

Thanks Ricky74

I've printed off stuff already.
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

Whew! This is becoming one competitive thread :D True to my pseudonym, I haven’t done any work or printing yet. Does being glued to this forum count? DH says i’m addicted.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Lategate wrote:Whew! This is becoming one competitive thread :D True to my pseudonym, I haven’t done any work or printing yet. Does being glued to this forum count? DH says i’m addicted.
:lol: it does become addictive!!

I’ve never printed anything off the website in the year and a half DS1 has been there!!
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

Lol

Yeah its addictive.
I've just printed off the parents guidance document. I'm old school. I like to read things off paper than on screen.