KES Exam 2019 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rooroo

Re: KES Exam 2019 Entry

Post by Rooroo »

N4D5 wrote:Thought id update this thread too just for those not subscribed to the other.

We got a letter today offering our DD an assisted place to KEHS. So looks like letters going out well before December.

There's a lovely letter to our DD too, a nice touch.

Good luck everyone waiting.

Thanks
Nad
Congratulations to your DD. You must be very proud. Are you taking the place or opting for grammar?
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

N4D5 wrote:Thought id update this thread too just for those not subscribed to the other.

We got a letter today offering our DD an assisted place to KEHS. So looks like letters going out well before December.

Thanks
Nad
Congratulations to your daughter. :)
GrafvonSponeck

Post by GrafvonSponeck »

Wow - Thats very early for KEHS.
Does anyone know if KES are planning to similarly “prepone” the results??
N4D5

Post by N4D5 »

Rooroo wrote:

Thanks
Nad
Congratulations to your DD. You must be very proud. Are you taking the place or opting for grammar?
Super proud - cant believe how well she has done in both.

Just spoken to her as she just got back from School - and she was like daddy you wont believe this i had a dream last night that i passed this one too :D

We have decided to let her choose the school she wants, i have a feeling she is leaning towards KEHS rather then Handsworth.

But the final decision will to tough one as we feel both are great.
Knitfaststaywarm

Post by Knitfaststaywarm »

No sniff of an offer here! Dd refuses to look at the letter :roll: :lol: :lol:

Huge congratulations to everyone with offers today! And fingers crossed for the boys x
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Not much updates for KES on the forum. All the news, is mainly from KEHS. Last week of interviews for KES. Starting to feel regretful, that we did not prepare for it separately. :(
Rooroo

Post by Rooroo »

Skylark wrote:Not much updates for KES on the forum. All the news, is mainly from KEHS. Last week of interviews for KES. Starting to feel regretful, that we did not prepare for it separately. :(
We did no separate preparation either. I guess a lot of the independent schools will do it as part of lessons. Try not to worry yet though, if you're interested in a full fee place they don't interview do they?
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Rooroo wrote:
Skylark wrote:Not much updates for KES on the forum. All the news, is mainly from KEHS. Last week of interviews for KES. Starting to feel regretful, that we did not prepare for it separately. :(
We did no separate preparation either. I guess a lot of the independent schools will do it as part of lessons. Try not to worry yet though, if you're interested in a full fee place they don't interview do they?
We couldn't afford it even if we tried. Hence why I am worried, as I believe they interview all assisted places, I hope someone could tell me otherwise? But they don't interview full-fee paying, from what I have read on the forum. Thank you for the reassurance Rooroo :D

I suppose until that letter comes, I will stay positive. I am a great believer in fate. If it's meant to be it will be!
Rooroo

Post by Rooroo »

Skylark wrote:
Rooroo wrote:
We couldn't afford it even if we tried. Hence why I am worried, as I believe they interview all assisted places, I hope someone could tell me otherwise? But they don't interview full-fee paying, from what I have read on the forum. Thank you for the reassurance Rooroo :D

I suppose until that letter comes, I will stay positive. I am a great believer in fate. If it's meant to be it will be!
Yes what's meant to be will be. It's just such a long wait isn't it. Yes we could only afford an AP too so aren't holding much hope as we haven't been called for interview.
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

Don’t feel regretful - I’m not sure how much you can prepare really. They seem to know what they’re looking for and I suspect they value creative writing and individuality but who knows?

We did nothing at all with dd (and very little for the 11 plus which was five months earlier then) and she got an assisted place. We did a month’s solid prep for ds as he was home educated at that point and he didn’t get an AP! The big difference between them was their creative writing.