2019 Offers Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
quasimodo

Re: 2019 Offers Day

Post by quasimodo »

Hagmum wrote:
Home_alone wrote:Just wondering about those of us with incorrect offers from BCC re Walsall schools - has anyone received their written offer and is the information on there correct or the same as the email? Looks like our postie won't be bringing our letter until tomorrow so just curious (and life will be a lot simpler if they do have the info correct).
I was told by Queen Mary grammar school boys admission officer that they will be sending offer letters out on Monday morning. She said they don't send them until then to ensure everyone has had email confirmations before receiving anything in the post. The only tricky part to that is some of us don't have the correct offer on our emails!
You have nothing to worry about.Yes there is an administrative hiccup.It will soon resolve itself,well before anything meaningful happens at the school.Your sons score of 352 is away from any waiting list issues.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

What a day it has been!! We survived the day with joy and tears. Congratulations and commiserations. It is not the end, rather the journey has just begun for our children and us.

Thank you for all the kind words and the support of the forum members. You have made my first time experience (of this process) less daunting.
Tonythetiger

Post by Tonythetiger »

In terms of waiting lists, I've been trawling through the forum looking back on what happened with DD three years ago!

Back then, the FO used to give WL positions out immediately (on 1st March) so to give you an idea of some of the movement, my DD was 32 on the list (for Handsworth Girls) on 1/3 but had moved to 10th by 23/3. So by the time they release waiting list positions on the 25th there will already have been a lot of movement!

Also, do bear in mind that it takes a bit longer for the movement to filter down to the schools with lower cut off marks. For example a girl may have a place at Five Ways, but then get into CHG from the waiting list. That will then release a place at FW, someone will get offered that and potentially release a place at Handsworth Girls, someone else will get offered that and release a place at Sutton Girls. As you get a week to accept the place it could be four weeks before the Sutton place is released. I think from previous years it's always the Sutton waiters that seem to be waiting the longest!!

Hope that makes sense!! What I'm ultimately trying to say is that there is always lots of movement, it carries on right up until September so do not despair and keep the faith!!

Congratulations to all those who have places already and all the best to those still waiting. I've got all this to come again next year!!
jay001

Post by jay001 »

mitasol wrote:If your LA is Birmingham
https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/info/2011 ... _7_place/4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Waiting lists
Your child’s name will be automatically added to the waiting list for any higher preference schools than the one offered (unless your child did not achieve a high enough score in the grammar school selection test).

Being on a waiting list does not mean that a place will become available.

More information about waiting lists will be available after National Offer Day
The offer letter will explain how to accept or refuse the offer that has been made. If your child has been offered a place at a secondary school in Birmingham, you should return the acceptance slip to the school. If your child has been offered a place at a school outside Birmingham, you should return the acceptance slip to School Admissions. The deadline for acceptances is 15 March 2019.
If your are based in another LA then you need to check and follow their protocols.

Hi

We are from wolverhampton and were not made offers at the grammer schools, the comp school states we are on a waiting list via the portal, how do i know if we are on a waiting list for the grammer schools, im getting mixed messages some people state you are automatically added othrs state you need to contact walsal/bham council to get the child added to a waiting list, can someone please shed some more light on this. thx
Tonythetiger

Post by Tonythetiger »

My understanding is that you automatically get placed on the waiting lists of the schools that you put as higher preferences to the one you were offered. If you put one as a lower preference to the one you were offered, you need to ask to be added.

We got offered our local comp three years ago but automatically went on the waiting lists of the three grammars that we put higher.

Hope that helps!
jay001

Post by jay001 »

Tonythetiger wrote:My understanding is that you automatically get placed on the waiting lists of the schools that you put as higher preferences to the one you were offered. If you put one as a lower preference to the one you were offered, you need to ask to be added.

We got offered our local comp three years ago but automatically went on the waiting lists of the three grammars that we put higher.

Hope that helps!
Ok , thanks for that, Just had a letter from Adams to state we are on the waiting list will chase up with Walsall and bham next week to find out the situation there.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now