2020 results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nella

Re: 2020 results

Post by Nella »

Hi consciousatmosphere, Imranb has summed it up perfectly.

I just wanted to add a few thoughts. As background I have twins one at the grammar and one at the local non grammar (and an older one at the non grammar).

I think the thing for you as a family is to make sure your younger brother does not sense your mum’s anxiety about school places. Unfortunately with his score he won’t be offered a grammar school place so it’s really important that you get him excited about the school he is likely to end up at. Look at the website, find the great things that they offer (all schools will) plan his journey, show him the uniform find if any of his friends are likely to go there etc etc

When your mum gets the school place email in March you will already have done most of the work in preparing your brother. Your mum also needs to prepare herself that it won’t contain the news she wants. I’m sure she will be disappointed, so perhaps you could suggest she looks at it when your brother is not there. This will give her a chance to compose herself and say something like ‘that’s fantastic... that school was my favourite all along!’ and celebrate him getting that place.

Please try not to show any disappointment otherwise your brother may feel a failure. He’s not.
Anyway with my twins the non grammar one is absolutely loving his school. He would never have kept pace with the speed/ level of the work at the grammar. Going to a non grammar was absolutely the right choice for him. He can be somewhere towards the upper end of the class; whereas at the grammar he would be at the bottom and feeling rubbish.

Good luck, let us know how you get on
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now