QM, Walsall, Wolverhampton 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Erniewise

Re: QM, Walsall, Wolverhampton 2021

Post by Erniewise »

Looking at past posts on the forum, in 2018 a girl who was 18th on the waiting list for WGHs was offered a place in the June.
Erniewise

Post by Erniewise »

Your daughter will have a score to 2 decimal places and then this is obviously ranked accordingly.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Without being familiar with this specific school, I can suggest that as there can be more than one applicant with the same standardised score, they would then be ranked within the score by the criteria stated in the school's admissions policy. So ?distance from school. It will (or at least should, assuming that the school wrote the policy with the intention of complying with the Admissions Code) be explained clearly in the admissions policy, but if not, then their admissions officer will be able to clarify.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
RC11plus

Post by RC11plus »

Wol wrote:Hi, I am new to this forum. My daughter also scored 311 and we have received a letter to say she is on number 18 on a waiting list. I just want to understand how does this ranking system works?? The girls with the same score can be placed on different ranks. Does my daughter stand a chance? I was very hopeful before receiving the letter, thinking she is not far off but now it seems like she is, which is upsetting. Doesn’t anyone know if the WL might move up to 18 places. I really appreciate your support.

Thank you so much.
Your daughters score of 311 will either be rounded up or rounded down to the closest whole number, but the school will hold the full score which is to 2 decimal places. The score held by the school therefore dictates where on the list your DD is. There could be a number of girls with seemingly the same score, but the actual number to 2 decimal places will rank one girl above another.

Hope this makes sense and best of luck!
GinaKC

Post by GinaKC »

RC11plus wrote:
Wol wrote:Hi, I am new to this forum. My daughter also scored 311 and we have received a letter to say she is on number 18 on a waiting list. I just want to understand how does this ranking system works?? The girls with the same score can be placed on different ranks. Does my daughter stand a chance? I was very hopeful before receiving the letter, thinking she is not far off but now it seems like she is, which is upsetting. Doesn’t anyone know if the WL might move up to 18 places. I really appreciate your support.

Thank you so much.
Your daughters score of 311 will either be rounded up or rounded down to the closest whole number, but the school will hold the full score which is to 2 decimal places. The score held by the school therefore dictates where on the list your DD is. There could be a number of girls with seemingly the same score, but the actual number to 2 decimal places will rank one girl above another.

Hope this makes sense and best of luck!
Hi, I contacted WGHS and they were able to proved my daughters score to the decimal point. It really helped in understanding where/why she was placed on the list. Hope that helps
Wol

Post by Wol »

Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to reply to my query. It makes more sense knowing about the decimal points system. I am feeling more hopeful knowing that 18th position was offered the place in the previous years. Keep our fingers crossed and staying positive for my daughter. Thank you everyone for your best wishes.

I also called NGHS today and their WL has moved 15 places already. So there is a hope.
Wol

Post by Wol »

Wol wrote:Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to reply to my query. It makes more sense knowing about the decimal points system. I am feeling more hopeful knowing that 18th position was offered the place in the previous years. Keeping our fingers crossed and staying positive for my daughter. Thank you everyone for your best wishes.

I also called NGHS today and their WL has moved 15 places already. So there is a hope.
We live under a mile away from WGHS and don’t think they take the distance into consideration. I will contact school for further clarification. Thank you for your advice.
Erniewise

Post by Erniewise »

Wow 15 places already, that’s promising!

I think it states in the admissions info that if 2 girls get exactly the same score to 2d.p. the girl who lives the closest to the school will have preference
GinaKC

Post by GinaKC »

Good to hear NGHS waiting list is moving! Has anyone had any word on any movement for the WGHS waiting list?
Anousheh

Post by Anousheh »

Hi, my daughter is in WL of Qmhs,
has anyone had an offer from qmhs wl yet?