results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

worried

Post by worried »

Sorry to hear some parent's sad news, but I have to say that you should be really proud of your children. I was really scared for my son. When I was waiting for my degree result I wasn't scared and I wasn't even anywhere near the top.
We still haven't received the result by post, but our head teacher kindly told us the result. Our son has passed with brilliant marks 132 and 140. We still haven't received any written post so I don't know whether it's too soon to tell people, but I couldn't wait to tell the Forum as this really has been a lifeline for us. We only found out about this forum couple of weeks before the test. The people here are so helpfull. A special thank you to Patricia and Sally Ann. We were off pasta from a week before the test until Nov 2nd (slough test). It must have helped.
I do really feel sorry for the people who didn't make it. We found out that our son's best friend didn't make it. I hope they get through Slough test. While we were going through sleepless nights (weekend has been horrible) I started looking at the Appeal section because I thought we should be prepared for bad news. BCC have been useless. I called them this morning and they said that I still have to wait until tomorrow and they told me that the head teachers aren't allowed to tell us. Our head teacher said that he wouldn't have said any time before today.

I still want to see in writing though. My son still doesn't know. We only found out after he had gone to school. I can't wait to give him a big hug. He has worked for it. We would like to see a good slough result too, is that too greedy?

I will be in this forum for a while. We have got another son who will hopefully sit in three years time. I don't know whether he will be able to cope this pressure though. He is a completly different character. We will wait and see.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Clare,
I am really pleased for you and your daughter, and I do agree that the system isn't fair.

Worried,

Any news??
worried

Post by worried »

Thanks Catherine. See the above post.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Worried, that's brilliant news. I am so pleased for you :D
AA

Post by AA »

Congratulations Worried.Fingers Crossed USA.

My daughter passed and was the one that really struggled with those Walsh papers.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Worried - no longer!

I am delighted for you and your son - a great result. I am so glad that the Head took pity on you. I understand them not wanting to say anything before today, but Bucks CC's attitude is frankly heartless - I can see no possible reason for not emailing it to you today. :twisted:

Still waiting for usa to check in - fingers and toes crossed by now...! Try ringing Bucks tomorrow?

Sally-Anne
worried

Post by worried »

Thanks Sally Ann. I don't understand BCC attitude either. I suggested e-mail, fax and even me picking it up from Aylesbury. They said no. They said they can talk about these options tomorrow (if I haven't got it tomorrow). I really don't know why. I checked with 4 children in his school and none of them have got it by post. I still want to see his result in paper.
I don't know whether the headteacher really took pity. Another parent who was also waiting, went to school and staff said that she can't see the headteacher as she don't have any appointment. But as she is a parent Gov, she just went to confront him at the office. Then, he told her the result for her child. She told him that we are also desperate and he called us and left the message saying that he is prepared to give the result. I don't know whether he called everyones parents and I don't know whether he would have told unless the parent Gov pushed for it.
I am happy that he told us though. Feel sorry for the other parent as her child didn't pass.

BCC will really have to do something about this. I will be on the phone again tomorrow, as without the letter, it still doesn't feel real.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear All

Just catching up on the weekends news.

Dear Julia, I can only reiterate the comments of others, keep up the good work. and Good Luck with the Appeal.

Dear Njg, I am sure you are in good hands with Etiennes advice.

A poster called incegreen also had a child with a broken arm, I wonder what the outcome was there?

Dear shining Levels, Happy Mum, Hilda [ thanks for the insight in to the scores], Hopeful Parents [glad you enjoyed your weekend away], Clare [ I have replied to your PM] and AA.[glad you had good news.I would just like to say a big well done to you all and most importantly to your children.

Dear Worried, at last your result, I do think its sad that County cannot help in any other way, I believe that, in general, County have many good points, but I feel this is an area sadly lacking.

Patricia
Ambridge

Running on all cylinders!!!

Post by Ambridge »

Decision has been taken, I am going to take our appeal in my stride and return to normal operations, it will not get me down!! (much!)

Firstly, belated big congrats to every child who passed the 11+ on Friday, some phenomenal scores which must have meant a lot of hard work and lots of great feedback about all the passes, I am really thrilled for everyone who has a success story, what little stars. For those unsuccessful or unsuccessful and appealing - lots of luck in the coming weeks and keep in touch whatever.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now