results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bucksguest99

Post by bucksguest99 »

such a long journey but near the end. who knows what the outcome will be. Whatever it is our boys and girls will be moving on and growing up.
NL3

Post by NL3 »

Good luck to all Bucks children and parents tomorrow
m
forumadmin
Site Admin

GOOD LUCK WITH THE RESULTS TOMORROW

Post by forumadmin »

A quick note to wish all the parents and children the best of luck for tomorrow's results in Buckinghamshire.

ForumAdmin
Thea

Post by Thea »

Also, very best wishes to those heroes - the tutors (especially Patricia & Mike!) who must be waiting with bitten down nails to hear the calls from their tutees!!
Best Regards,
Thea
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

Enjoy your food USA, save me some biscuits and gravy (or maybe that's not thanksgiving fare.)

Hear hear Thea to think about the tutors - especially as my son's tutor is my husband (who deserves his own 11+ certificate - maybe I'll make him one.) I helped with 11+ by keeping other children out of the way and not nagging husband to help with chores (as much as usual), giving my son lots of encouragement and the odd bit of of supervision while doing a test. I also stuffed him with healthy brain food (he loves sushi) and made sure we stayed off the pasta (thanks Catherine) for four weeks before test. We had a 'final' pasta night!! Although I have to say staying off the pasta was hard..... I never realised we ate so much of it until we stopped eating it!!

I'm rambling now as fretting about Bucks test - off to the shops for a large starbucks mocha and a busy Christmas shop!

JuliaB
usa

Post by usa »

Dear Julia
I was so sorry to hear that your son didnt quite make the mark required.
I do hope you will go to appeal - nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Thank you for kind remarks and funny comments - you really do have a sense of humour. Good luck now with your Berks results for a few weeks time - we shall be thinking of you.
Personally, I think I am going to know more on Monday about where our result went. Who cares where it went, I just want to know what it is......and no, I did not get up early to check!!!!! Well, not that early anyway...!
USA
United in a State of Anxiety!
worried

Post by worried »

We live in Slough, and we haven't got ours either. The post man been and gone no letter today either. Although bcc said that we have to wait until Tuesday, I am going to call them on Monday if it doesn't turn up on Monday. I think something have gone wrong.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Worried

I would definitely call them after you receive your post on Monday. Lasy year we didn't receive the papers for our appeal until AFTER the appeal itself! It had taken over 2 weeks to reach us. Luckily I had rung Bucks in the meantime and asked for a duplicate set.

There does seem to be an issue at Bucks with mail being franked and then left to gather dust in a corner. It may be a post-room problem, but whatever it is, Bucks need to start listening to people who say that they aren't receiving critical letters and applying some flexibility by emailing letters to people/ One person who didn't receive the result of her appeal last year for 10 days had her result emailed by Bucks, so why not this result too?

Good luck
Sally-Anne
Clare

Post by Clare »

My daughter passed but unfortunately some of her good friends who should have got through didn't. This does seem an unfair system. :(

Post by Guest »

Is it not a case of parents not accepting that their children not being in the top 25%? My daughter got 110 and 112 without any tuition and maybe would have passed with tuition, but at least I know what her ability is and I'm very proud of her. Especially as she has to face her friends and classmates who have passed and have the mentality that the world will end if they don't pass!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now