AGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dejavu

AHS girls walking along

Post by dejavu »

Gosh Midget Mum - it really is a feeling of Dejavu. One of those girls from AHS walking along wasn't my DD as she didn't have swimming today - but she is there - at last at the school she always wanted to be at- following a 12+ pass and winning oversubscription appeals. I think the hard journey there has made her appreciate all the more.

Following an unsuccessful 11+ appeal (end of August born, 118 and 112, but top 25% for English and Maths, excellent HT predictions for 1.1 and 2.1 (DD was 2.1), excellent reading age and spelling etc - but one of the last on the list to appeal (end of Feb) and from a primary school with an outstanding Ofsted report.

I don't want to put appellants off, but you can follow my threads about school books. At the end of the hearing the chair said we obviously had a very bright child, after spending 5/10 mins looking at the school books the clerk's notes for all 3 panel members virtually said the same - "work as seen was not up to the standard of gs" -being so young, should consider entry at a later date.

Since then the previous HT has advised appellants not to take in school books (and some with lower marks than DD won, although I don't know about their extenuating circumstances). The problem with us was that some of the school books were over 2 years ("the big writing" one) and despite having levels of 5a/6c later in the book, the marks for the earlier work were obviously lower. Sorry, going off at a tangent here. Hope you get your first choice Midget. x
many thanks
dejavu