Waiting Lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

:lol: :lol:

SA and Ed's Mum-Come on you two, you must have an idea from previous year's as to how many(if any) from the waiting list's for AGS got a place?

I agree bytheway, so cruel those parent's doing that to their child and has only made it incredibly hard for genuine house mover's, it wasn't easy :lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Can't speak for AGS, but it was about four for RLS last year.
Marylou
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Not a clue, I'm afraid, MM. (Ed's Mum won't be much help to you on the subject either - she's a couple of hundred miles away!)

All we have to go on is the change in distance from March 1st to 4th August - 18.781 miles to 20.187 miles, so there was some movement.

Unfortunately last year is no predictor of what will happen this year.
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

'Midgetman' & 'Cats12' .. I am really thinking of you both x x x

I can't help as I have a DD who got into AHS (phew!!!) but a number of her schoolfriends did get offers for AGS and have accepted! For them great, but for you not so great! :(

It's so hard when your DC really loves a school, and you as parents know it is the right one too ... it's the not knowing that's so difficult.

Will be keeping everything crossed for both of you x x x
Heartmum x x x
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

heartmum wrote:
Will be keeping everything crossed for both of you x x x
Same here - I know how it feels.
xx
Marylou
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I just have a horrible feeling that there will be no spaces freed up.

MM is soo desperate to go to AGS and to also be at a school where no-one from his previous school is going. He want's rid of the bullies and to have a completely fresh start.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

MM - are you lodging an appeal as well as going on the waiting list?
Marylou
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I haven't been given any school as MK treated me as a Bucks resident, yet Buck's treated me as an MK resident so was given nothing so can't do a transfer appeal.

I would appeal if after 2nd rond we weren't given AGS, or is it too late to do a transfer appeal by then?
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

Sally-Anne wrote:
All we have to go on is the change in distance from March 1st to 4th August - 18.781 miles to 20.187 miles, so there was some movement.

Unfortunately last year is no predictor of what will happen this year.
Will be ok if this year goes like last year - am willing it to be so!

I think you'll be ok MM as you live there and if you're v close to the school am sure you'll be 1st on waiting list. Didn't realise you were in no-man's land between two authorities. Not sure of the rules here but have been through transfer appeal before - two appeals out of about 12 were successful - mine and another family who were about to move near to AHS, so I guess from that you would be allowed to appeal after the second round and your odds would be good i think :) .
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

Friends of DS who were not allocated their only catchment grammar on initial allocation last year immediately put in appeal papers.

They were successful shortly after the waiting list went out and got in off the waiting list (from 7th position).

They felt it was better to put in the appeal papers immediately rather than wait for further rounds of allocation but perhaps you are in a stronger position.