Dynamite educational Publishing

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

thanks

Post by Guest »

thankyou very much for reply patricia. yes i will register next time.
eyeballs

books or e papers?

Post by eyeballs »

Dear Patricia,
Great advice on which papers to practice for bucks 11+.. I wanted to try some of the tutors papers-are the 12 downloadable epapers the same as the 3 books? as the books are twice the price??
patricia

Post by patricia »

duplicate
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Eyeballs

We encourage purchasers to consider downloading material directly from the site. The published papers are expensive to print and distribute whereas the e-papers have no additional costing on our part, but you do have to provide the paper and ink. Also the published papers contain an erratum whereas corrections that were identified by Patricia and others have been applied to the e-papers, so they are a "near perfect" set of questions.

The twelve e-papers were written for a course that we run on the Wirral, Bucks have the same format, the papers get progressively more difficult up to paper 8, paper 9 and 10 are slightly easier then papers 11 and 12 are more difficult.

To get the full coverage of all 21 question types the papers should be completed in pairs i.e. 1 and 2, 3 and 4 etc. Although for Bucks a pass mark is only required on one of the papers, but we can not know the spread of question types across the two papers. We have taken advice from an experienced tutor who was familiar with past test papers when choosing the spread of question types.

CD2 is a different format to most 11+ real tests. What we wanted to provide was a format by which a student could sit a paper that covered all 21 types in one go. CD2 contains 12 papers of 100 questions each. This allows the parent/tutor to identify any problem areas then CD1 can be used for extra practice.

It is important that close to the real tests student are completing papers in the correct test format.

For verbal reasoning The Tutors CD1, CD2, both CD Demos and either the e-papers or published papers contain unique questions.

Regards

Mike
eyeballs

Post by eyeballs »

Thats so helpful, thanks so much. We have worked thr the ips questions and the relevant susan daughtry questions and are about to move on to the bright sparks series. my daughter is familiar with the 21 types of questions, but we just need to just improve her speed . It would appear that the tutors series would be great for this. I am so grateful for this help-as this is a taboo subject at school!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now