2013 ALLOCATIONS PUBLISHED

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jabba7

Re: 2013 ALLOCATIONS PUBLISHED

Post by jabba7 »

Thanks Sally-Anne. I have a DS at RGS so wonder why it is less popular, does anyone out there know the reasons
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Wow! I have just learned that Chesham Grammar School offered all 180 places on 1st March!

(Feeling a little like a darts announcer here: "Onnnnneehundred and aaaayteeee!" :lol: )

I would imagine the number will fall by a little as things shake down over coming rounds, but it is still absolutely unprecedented.

Obviously not such good news for those hoping to gain a place via the 12+ in 2014 though.
Daddy123

Post by Daddy123 »

Wow....Still they managed 'ALL OFFERED' in the allocation profile and it could change soon. Does it mean that they had 180 applicants and all were offered?

S-A - Is there any data on how many children are allotted places in the second, third and subsequent rounds for all schools ?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Daddy123 wrote:Wow....Still they managed 'ALL OFFERED' in the allocation profile and it could change soon. Does it mean that they had 180 applicants and all were offered?
It means that they had 180 applicants who named the school as a preference. Some will have been first preferences, others will have been lower preferences, but there were exactly 180 places offered. So, although the school was "All Offered" it was a close run thing. One more preference and it would have been oversubscribed.
S-A - Is there any data on how many children are allotted places in the second, third and subsequent rounds for all schools ?
Not on the actual number of places, but we usually see the Allocation Profiles for further rounds.
Daddy123

Post by Daddy123 »

Sally-Anne wrote:
Not on the actual number of places, but we usually see the Allocation Profiles for further rounds.
Thanks. Presume there is no other way of knowing the actual number of places allotted in subsequent rounds in past years....will check BCC website for allocation profiles.
Daddy123

Post by Daddy123 »

Has anyone got any idea about how many places were allotted in the second round in JH, BGS, SWBGS in 2012, 2011? Can't see it on BCC website. Moved to Bucks recently and hoping to get a place in the second round.....
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

We are never told how many actual places are allocated, mainly because it is an irrelevant statistic. Every year will be different for any number of reasons. What we are given is the distance to which places were allocated in each round - you can view those for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds here: http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/schools/a ... y_hub.page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The distance for BGS went up by a little over a mile, and JHG went up be just under 2 miles. SWB made a further allocation which appears to have been to an in-area late applicant.
Daddy123

Post by Daddy123 »

Thanks Sally-A for your prompt response. Agree this data has very little relevance since the allocation could vary between years.

One more doubt if you can help. I have moved to Bucks recently and have waitlisted my DS in the catchment Grammar schools and await second round allocations. If we get our preferred school - great. Else, do I waitlist him again and hope for third round or do I appeal to the catchment GS? If appeal, can I do it after I am not allotted a place in the second round or is it too late.....please advise.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Daddy123 wrote:One more doubt if you can help. I have moved to Bucks recently and have waitlisted my DS in the catchment Grammar schools and await second round allocations. If we get our preferred school - great. Else, do I waitlist him again and hope for third round or do I appeal to the catchment GS?
You can keep his name on the waiting list and appeal.
If appeal, can I do it after I am not allotted a place in the second round or is it too late.....please advise.
Technically there is no deadline for submitting an appeal for a school that has not offered a place, but you would be very wise to submit the form for an Appeal before the stated cut-off date of 28th March. Edited to remove incorrect date of Good Friday!

If you delay there is a risk that other parents' appeals will be heard ahead of yours and by the time your appeal is heard, the panel will consider the school to be full to capacity. (Which might be PAN or PAN+.)
Daddy123

Post by Daddy123 »

Thank you Sally-Anne for the feedback. Really helpful.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now