second round allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Biar

Re: second round allocations

Post by Biar »

Hi Sally-Anne,

Does it mean that BGS will offer my ds a place? My distance is 9.683 miles
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

It should mean that, provided your distance is accurate (and it seems to be well within the 10.084 miles, so not really marginal) and there is nothing unusual about your application. The full Allocation Profile for BGS reads as follows:
All applicants offered under rule 2 (catchment), rule 3 (siblings and some allocated under rule 5 (distance) to 10.084 miles.
If, instead, you get a waiting list letter on Thursday, you will need to get on the phone to BCC.
Biar

Post by Biar »

Thank you for your reply,
I have tried to find out this morning if they have offered a place but they told me that they cannot advise on the phone and that I need to contact my LEA which I did straight away.
Unfortunately my LEA told me that they have received nothing!!
I don't really know what to do!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Firstly, please check the distance again using this website: http://www.freemaptools.com/distance-be ... tcodes.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I entered the school postcode (SL1 7HG) and the postcode for Hayes Underground station and got a distance of 10.166 miles as the crow flies and 13.254 miles driving distance.

(I notice that in one of your previous posts that you quoted a driving distance of around 14 miles, so we need to get that sorted out first.)

If the distance as the crow flies that you get is definitely less than 10.084 miles, you need to call BCC Admissions again and ask them to confirm to you the distance that they are using for your allocation.
Biar

Post by Biar »

Hi Sally-Anne,
I have just entered my home post code and found 9.657 miles to BGS from the website you have sent me.
Biar

Post by Biar »

And 13.231 miles driving distance
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

OK, time to get on the phone to BCC and ask them to confirm the distance according to their system ...

If it is less than 10.084 miles, tell them what your home LA told you and say that everything indicates that you should have been offered a place in this round. Ask them what your next steps should be as you appear to be lost in the system.
Biar

Post by Biar »

Will do. Thanks again for your guidance
nan

Post by nan »

What about the AGS distance? Is there any change?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

AGS made further offers to a distance of 12.225 miles. However, the distance on 1st March was 14.428 miles, so because the distance is less than the original allocation profile, those places have gone to late applicants.

The bottom line is therefore "no change".
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now