RESULTS DAY 16TH OCTOBER: PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Re: RESULTS DAY 16TH OCTOBER: PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTIN

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Mickey1, and welcome.

So sorry that you've had such a miserable couple of hours.
Mickey1 wrote:Just so awkward having to deal with questions about his results and the expectation that most people had of him - don't want him to lie to people but a simple "No I did not pass" does not seem enough..people want to know how much you failed by.....
Ignore, ignore, ignore!

It sounds as if this was an unexpected disappointment, so please take a look at Etienne's links in my first post on this thread, then mosey over to the Appeals section and start a thread there. (Instructions at the top of the section - please also read those carefully.)

We will support you in whatever way we can if you want to go down the Review/Appeal route.

Sally-Anne
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

Feel compelled to post for you as well Mickey1. It is desperately hard today but please believe this type of question does go away and will be old news this time next week. Etienne is a pro on the appeals side if you need help there.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Mickey1 we are in pretty much the same situation and it is deja vue where we were with our other DS. I am not a fan of CEM VR as anyone who has read my posts this last year will know.

Definitely visit the appeals section.

Not sure what your back up is like but I know DC who have done fantastically well in pretty poor Comprehensives with the right attitude and good support. Also I have a DS who is at an Upper and doing incredibly well thank you, I shall boast as needs must, that he is on target to get equally good, if not better grades, than he would had he stayed at a Grammar.
Numair

Post by Numair »

Commiserations to those that didn't quite make it. It really is a stressful experiences for both parents and children.

Hopefully appeals will be allowed for those of you who go down that route.

My daughter passed with a very strong score; AHS here we come!
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

DD passed. So relieved as we did not have a guaranteed back up option. Our catchment school has a bad reputation.

Thanks so much for all the support :) Well done to those who passed and big hugs to those who didn't.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Daffy wrote:DD passed. So relieved as we did not have a guaranteed back up option. Our catchment school has a bad reputation.

Thanks so much for all the support :) Well done to those who passed and big hugs to those who didn't.
Very pleased, Daffy. And the big question: When did you open the envelope?
:wink:
PrincessPrabz

Post by PrincessPrabz »

Can someone please give me some advice? Technically I am OOC but in reality I live around the corner from Burnham Grammar School (address is classed as Berks). DS is so upset had his heart set on BGS any only missed by one point... do you think I can appeal? Should I still put it as my first choice in the CAF.. I feel so upset for him and me :(
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

Tolstoy wrote::(
So very sorry Tolstoy but as you said your other DC is thriving at comp so grammar isn't the be all and end all.

Do go for Reveiw / Appeal as from what I have read there seems to be a good success rate and quite a few kids from our school got in on review last year. Big hugs.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

PrincessPrabz, please read the first post on this thread, and in particular the links from Etienne.

Then go up ^^^ in the world to our Appeals section, read the advice at the top of that, and then start a new thread there. We will do all that we can to help.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

PrincessPrabz wrote:Can someone please give me some advice? Technically I am OOC but in reality I live around the corner from Burnham Grammar School (address is classed as Berks). DS is so upset had his heart set on BGS any only missed by one point... do you think I can appeal? Should I still put it as my first choice in the CAF.. I feel so upset for him and me :(
Put it as first choice and go to review. I have no experience of them so can't offer advice but there are many knowledgeable folks here. Read SA's links at the start of post to get you started. Good luck !