Reliable Mock Test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scary mum

Re: Reliable Mock Test?

Post by scary mum »

BB-8 wrote:
Guest55 wrote:Why? You can learn just as much from a practice test at home or by asking their teacher for the weaker areas. Bucks is not super-selective - places are allocated on distance from the GS not on how high the score is [assuming 121 is reached of course]
Isn't 121+ quite hard to achieve though. My 10 year old ds is not as academic as some in his year, I think another years maturity would do wonders.
That's why the results are standardised by birth month.
scary mum
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

scary mum wrote:
BB-8 wrote:
Guest55 wrote:Why? You can learn just as much from a practice test at home or by asking their teacher for the weaker areas. Bucks is not super-selective - places are allocated on distance from the GS not on how high the score is [assuming 121 is reached of course]
Isn't 121+ quite hard to achieve though. My 10 year old ds is not as academic as some in his year, I think another years maturity would do wonders.
That's why the results are standardised by birth month.
Isn't it just by 2-3 points extra?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It isn't 'extra' at all necessarily - it does not work like that - each birth month is compared so across the cohort there's a similar proportion qualifying.

The only disadvantage is to those born very prematurely who have no account taken of that.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Oh that's good!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum