Allocation profile for Sept 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tolstoy

Re: Allocation profile for Sept 2016

Post by Tolstoy »

southbucks3 wrote:
Guest55 wrote:http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/news/educa ... -1-7242701

“We actually accommodated over 790 non-Buckinghamshire children whilst 563 Buckinghamshire children successfully applied for schools outside Buckinghamshire. As decisions from parents are received, any places that are refused will be re-offered to children on the waiting lists in later allocation rounds. Applications from out of county hopefuls did increase by about 570, such is the attraction of a Buckinghamshire education. We had to refuse 1361 out-area applications in the first round but would hope over time that more can be offered."

I wonder how many of the 790 OOC were Bucks 11+ passes entering Bucks grammar schools and how many of the 563 Bucks kids were 11+ passes opting out of Bucks grammars, or rather what the full breakdown even was. We can of course assume, but a very clear picture could be portrayed with official stats. Hopefully both figures will be lower again next year.
Very interesting point SB3.
Sally-Anne

Re: Allocation profile for Sept 2016

Post by Sally-Anne »

This whole furore over the alleged shortage of secondary places is just bonkers. There was an article in the Times about it yesterday and I read it with complete disbelief. Allegedly, Bucks was the second highest in the table of areas short of places, at 1983, Trafford was 1213 and Kent was 1025. Funny that they're all GS areas ...

I don't think it's a coincidence that the FOI requests were made by a firm of solicitors that currently has their school appeals service at the top of their home page. :roll:

If they can't even grasp the difference between in-area and out-of-area applications, I don't think I would be trusting them with my money for an appeal.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now