Waiting...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Re: Waiting...

Post by Guest55 »

Karma67 wrote:Just got back from seeing son's head teacher about him being bullied....end of the conversation I mentioned 11+result day, she said she doesn't look at the 'spreadsheet' until school day has ended as she doesn't want to know before parents etc.... I'm not convinced lol
They get the results on Wednesday and are told to check them - there's no way she hasn't done that.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

greengekho wrote:No, that's how they do it at our school. The parents go in and are handed the letters. We have to take them off site to read them, then return to collect our kids.
That is pretty dire, because there will always be parents who simply don't know how to behave. :roll:
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Good Morning everyone

Hope we are all feeling ok :)

I'm not too bad at the moment-just want to "get on with it"

Not much longer to wait now I know.
The parents go in and are handed the letters. We have to take them off site to read them, then return to collect our kids.
I must admit it I would LOVE this. I could get myself together, re arrange my face etc etc but I can totally see why Sally-Anne thinks it is a bad idea.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

2littleboys wrote:I must admit it I would LOVE this. I could get myself together, re arrange my face etc etc but I can totally see why Sally-Anne thinks it is a bad idea.
I can almost guarantee that one parent will charge in to pick up their child screaming "You did it! You passed! Woo hoo!", and all the rest of it. :roll:
greengekho

Post by greengekho »

I thought it sounded pretty sensible tbh. Better than another local school where the kids get handed them and then there are kids/parents hanging around the playground with opened/unopened letters. I was told that some kids were jumping for joy and celebrating while those who didn't do so well had to hurriedly be whisked away! Apparently there were kids/parents asking other kids how they had done too which I wouldn't like at all personally.
I figured at least our school is giving the parents chance to take the result in before we meet our child, so we can do so with a positive approach no matter what the result? (i.e. hide our disappointment before they see it in our faces!) The letters are not allowed back on site, so no wafting of celebratory papers.
Maybe I will completely change my mind in a couple of hours though if it doesn't pan out well! :lol:
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Sally-Anne wrote: I can almost guarantee that one parent will charge in to pick up their child screaming "You did it! You passed! Woo hoo!", and all the rest of it. :roll:
That is better than bursting into tears. I know someone who did that and both the child and mother started crying.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Most schools hand the letters to the children, and both they and their parents are under strict orders to take the letter home/well clear of the premises before opening it.

Even if I had been handed the letter half an hour early, I would have left it unopened until we got home, although admittedly it would have half-killed me to do so.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Sally-Anne wrote:I can almost guarantee that one parent will charge in to pick up their child screaming "You did it! You passed! Woo hoo!", and all the rest of it. :roll:
Ugh.
Karma67

Post by Karma67 »

Guest55 wrote:
Karma67 wrote:Just got back from seeing son's head teacher about him being bullied....end of the conversation I mentioned 11+result day, she said she doesn't look at the 'spreadsheet' until school day has ended as she doesn't want to know before parents etc.... I'm not convinced lol
They get the results on Wednesday and are told to check them - there's no way she hasn't done that.
Oh that doesn't bode well for me then because I asked if she would be prepared to do a headteacher support statement if we needed/wanted to do a selection review (we went to review 3yrs ago with my DD... successful result) and she said she would if he had an 'appropriate' score....eeek! :shock:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Guest55 wrote:They get the results on Wednesday and are told to check them - there's no way she hasn't done that.
It's perfectly possible that the Head delegated the task to another member of staff. I know of one who gives the job to a member of the office staff who probably won't encounter parents, because the Head knows that otherwise she would find it hard to control her facial expression when talking to parents.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now