Few Data Analysis Observations and Guessing game!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mad?

Re: Few Data Analysis Observations and Guessing game!!

Post by mad? »

BlueBerry22 wrote:Thanks Floodlight for confirming that other sports do work on year of birth!!
...and gymnastics...
mad?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Surferfish wrote:
Guest55 wrote:
BlueBerry22 wrote:Swimming!!!! We are all always complaining about our elder school year kids being at a huge disadvantage compared to the school year older but Jan born children.

But my friends son plays County and regional cricket/hockey and she says it is year of birth. I have never felt the need to verify so don't want to start ww2!!
Cricket is by schools year as, I'm pretty sure, is hockey. I'm sure there's no need to argue as you can check:
"Age Groups as defined by the MCC Laws of Cricket (2000 Code 2nd Edition - 2003). In consequence age groups are based on the age of the player at midnight on 31st August in the year preceding the current season."
Year 7 are u12, Year 8 u13s ...etc
Football and rugby are the same (i.e. school year). It would be illogical to have any other cut off date for team sports. Most childrens' first experience of team sports is through school and it would not make sense for a school team to have some players from one school year and some from another. If the cut off was 1st Jan an under 11 match would be a mixture of primary and secondary school kids! How would that work for school teams? :?
Yes, except "Seniors" in rugby is Y11/12/13...and in some cases can have Y14s in as well - where people have repeated a year - a few schools run U16 rugby teams but these tend to be for particular tournaments or competitions. In Australia they have weight/size selection in younger years...so that you don't have the goliath child playing against the minnows and trampling them - there is a lot of sense in that...
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

more data is added - really they are the best !!!

does any one know how to read Home LA Code

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/450992 ... gender.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

neo1232 wrote:more data is added - really they are the best !!!

does any one know how to read Home LA Code

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/450992 ... gender.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here

http://www.alltheschools.com/lea.htm

Thousands of 'code 825's in the table. LEA code 825 Is Buckinghamshire.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

neo1232 wrote:more data is added - really they are the best !!!
This is from last year .... ie children in Y7
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

yes you are right - my bad - they have just added yesterday so got excited.
ash

Post by ash »

Data in excel format would be even better!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now