Allocations 2018: Sally-Anne's crystal ball thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Happymums

Re: Allocations 2018: Sally-Anne's crystal ball thread

Post by Happymums »

Sally-Anne wrote:
Happymums wrote:Hi Sally Anne,

Thank you for the useful information, I just want to clarify where it says 1st Pref post qualification for DCGS 269 does this means the children live with in the catchment and achieved qualifying score or is it all the applications (IA & OA) received with qualifying score.

I am referring to Dr Challoner's Grammar School 1st Pref post qualification 269
It is all qualified boys with a preference for the school - they could live anywhere.
Thank you Sally, I understand even if we put down as our 1st choice they go by straight line distance is that correct.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Happymums wrote:
Sally-Anne wrote:
Happymums wrote:Hi Sally Anne,

Thank you for the useful information, I just want to clarify where it says 1st Pref post qualification for DCGS 269 does this means the children live with in the catchment and achieved qualifying score or is it all the applications (IA & OA) received with qualifying score.

I am referring to Dr Challoner's Grammar School 1st Pref post qualification 269
It is all qualified boys with a preference for the school - they could live anywhere.
Thank you Sally, I understand even if we put down as our 1st choice they go by straight line distance is that correct.
Yes, they following their admission criteria.
scary mum
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

mgm3 wrote:
scary mum wrote:The admissions criteria for Burnham Grammar School are here: http://www.burnhamgrammar.org.uk/228/admissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(To save you a job, your address will be taken as the one you are at on 31 October)
I imagine the BHS admissions policy is also on their website. There is a wealth of information on the school websites & the Bucks County Council website.
Presumably you wouldn't move if your DD didn't qualify in the 11 plus? Otherwise you need to think about what Upper School she (or any siblings) would be allocated.
Thank you very much for the information scary mum. I could see the last date as 31Oct18 even for BH too from their website. As a back up plan, I'm also searching for good state schools in case if she doesn't qualify in the exam. Any suggestions on good secondary schools in Burnam/Taplow/Slough/Reading area would be helpful.
I don't know, I'm afraid, although I think there are good schools in Maidenhead. I don't think many people would willingly opt for the Upper School in Burnham, but that may be changing, for all that I know. If you create a thread in the specific area rather than hidden in here, asking about specific schools you may get some helpful advice. People are focused on this year's allocations at the moment, though.
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Happymums wrote:Thank you Sally, I understand even if we put down as our 1st choice they go by straight line distance is that correct.
Yes, it is straight line distance.

I note from your previous posts that you live in postcode area HA2. Although there was a single year when DCGS went some way out of area, that was for a very specific reason.

I can elaborate on that if you would like details, but otherwise I can tell you quite categorically that there is absolutely no hope at all of a boy from your area gaining admission to DCGS. Chesham Grammar is also now out of the frame, based on the last two years.

I suggest that you research very carefully your local options for schooling in Harrow. There are some really excellent schools in the area, but they just happen not to have "Grammar" in their name.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now