Buckinghamshire Transfer Test September 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Dollydripmat

Re: Buckinghamshire Transfer Test September 2018

Post by Dollydripmat »

anotherdad wrote:...and now I have to edit mine because you've deleted yours! :lol:
Love the fact I was right on the ball , then completely clueless with the quote :) :lol: :roll: Dolly x
Mostlymum

Post by Mostlymum »

We've been informed that there was a timing issue with the audio file for DS's test - he's at a partner school. Waiting to hear what BCC says.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Mostlymum wrote:We've been informed that there was a timing issue with the audio file for DS's test - he's at a partner school. Waiting to hear what BCC says.
Maybe they'll adopt the "Warwickshire defence" similar to that seen in the rubbergate affair:

"All venues were explicitly instructed that there would not be an unspecified timing to the test."

Are the tests administered by audio CD or mp3-type audio file? If the former, I suppose a CD could skip. If the latter I think it would be difficult for it to go wrong, unless there was an IT glitch that paused or skipped the track? One hopes that the invigilator's record refers to it. As to what they do about it, who knows?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I think it's still a CD ... and there used to be a transcript provided.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

The flaw with a CD is that if it sticks whilst on a silent part of the track, how would an invigilator know unless they manually time the test as well as a back-up. The poor kids could still be sat there now, awaiting the next instruction :lol:
Mostlymum

Post by Mostlymum »

From what ds described, the timings on the audio were wrong - he seemed to think that on one section the directions said they had so many minutes to complete it but were actually allowed less time by the audio.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Mostlymum wrote:From what ds described, the timings on the audio were wrong - he seemed to think that on one section the directions said they had so many minutes to complete it but were actually allowed less time by the audio.
That's strange because the CDs will have all been burned from the same master file. It suggests there was a scratch on the CD or the laser jumped on the player. Do you know if an invigilator was timing it and recorded the error?
Amber

Post by Amber »

anotherdad wrote:Do you know if an invigilator was timing it and recorded the error?
Maybe the invigilator was running round handing out rubbers. Oh wait, wrong scandal...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now