Comparision Aylesbury, Becky's and Dr Challenors High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rvajinap24

Re: Comparision Aylesbury, Becky's and Dr Challenors High Sc

Post by rvajinap24 »

She has cleared Sutton, CCHS and Bucks. Our main one was Dame Alice Owen’s which she didn’t clear otherwise we wouldn’t have move anywhere, we had many hopes on that! May be was she was not in good mood, donno!

We have seen Dame Alice Owen’s, Nonsuch, Wallington and Dr Challenors. My daughter liked all the four.

We couldn’t see other schools in Buckinghamshire. Bucks is the nearest place where we live and thought we won’t miss on our friends. Anyways good point from this discussion is that I should leave option to my daughter.

Regards,
Rvajinap
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I can't quite understand how you didn't visit the Buckinghamshire schools, but really, only you can decide on the best school for your daughter. I doubt you can make a genuine nice by 31st October so you will only be considered in the second round of allocations anyway, and may not get a place at all. You didn't answer the question about where your DD would go to primary school for the rest of year 6?
scary mum
Amber

Post by Amber »

rvajinap24 wrote:She has cleared Sutton, CCHS and Bucks. Our main one was Dame Alice Owen’s which she didn’t clear otherwise we wouldn’t have move anywhere, we had many hopes on that! May be was she was not in good mood, donno!
Perhaps the poor child was exhausted or burned out from having to sit so many exams! And now she is being made the focus of a hasty family move and being faced with a new primary school at this late stage. Can you really not send her to school near home? Have you considered her emotional needs in this sorry process at all?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

You don't have to move anyway- - you could just accept that (like hundreds of other candidates, no shame in it) your DD didn't do well enough for a selective place at the local partially selective comprehensive school and tailor your applications- to local schools - accordingly. You must be in the DAO catchment for her to have sat the exam, so no harm in putting it top of your list of preferences anyway,but the use your other slots on schools where she has a reasonable chance of a place. You could even name Chelmsford County High as one, if your DD did well in its entrance exam; it's too late to move within catchment anyway, so if she was offered CCHS, she could see out year 6 with her friends, pending a move in time for the first day of year 7.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

rvajinap24 wrote:She has cleared Sutton, CCHS and Bucks. Our main one was Dame Alice Owen’s which she didn’t clear otherwise we wouldn’t have move anywhere, we had many hopes on that! May be was she was not in good mood, donno!

We have seen Dame Alice Owen’s, Nonsuch, Wallington and Dr Challenors. My daughter liked all the four.

We couldn’t see other schools in Buckinghamshire. Bucks is the nearest place where we live and thought we won’t miss on our friends. Anyways good point from this discussion is that I should leave option to my daughter.

Regards,
Rvajinap
As I said, ridiculous. You've trekked your poor daughter all over the south east sitting what seems like at least six tests and now you want advice from locals in Bucks on which school of three you should move to - tomorrow - and two of which you've never even visited, despite Bucks being, in your own words, nearest where you live. If it wasn't bordering on cruelty it would be laughable.

Maybe you should leave the option to your daughter. She sounds a bright girl who'd probably make a better job of it. I genuinely wish her all the very best.
mm23292

Post by mm23292 »

I truly despair of posts like this. Aside from the issues being faced by children who actually live in county, not being able to gain places that are rightfully theirs. Do parents like this really have no qualms about putting the accolade of 11plus success, above the emotional well being of their children?
And for whose benefit exactly? Poor child, I really am lost for words.
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

mm23292 wrote:I truly despair of posts like this. Aside from the issues being faced by children who actually live in county, not being able to gain places that are rightfully theirs. Do parents like this really have no qualms about putting the accolade of 11plus success, above the emotional well being of their children?
And for whose benefit exactly? Poor child, I really am lost for words.

+1
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now