The 12+ letter has arrived!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
in Turmoil

12 + results

Post by in Turmoil »

Well done Deja Vu I am so pleased that you had good news sounds like it has been a long and horrible journey for you. Enjoy your well deserved celebrations!

Postie has been for us too and we are over the moon DD got 141 and literally burst into tears! She will now be able to join her elder sister at our local grammar and walk to school with all her friends.

I feel like the world has been lifted off my shoulders! Thanks to all the wonderful people on this site who have kept me sane and offered such superb advice. Special thanks to Sally Anne who has been a huge support to me with all my pesky pm's!

Wishing you all good news today!

IT
In Turmoil
mummog

Post by mummog »

I wish I had a supply of sparkly 'congratulations' thingies to post here for you (LBSWM and chums seem to have endless variations!), but I'll just have to make do with words. Many, many congratulations and hugs to you and your family - I'll bet the world seems a brighter place to you today.

Mummog ***
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Great news inT....fab score - DD did very well.

Nice that you know already there is a place for her at GS - presumably it's one with a clutch of places, always helps!!

Ambridge
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Wonderful news from both of you, Dad40 and In Turmoil - I am absolutely delighted for both your DDs. :D

Although we usually frown on scores being posted on the Forum, I think the 12+ is something of an exception, because a good score at the 12+ is a phenomenal boost to a child's confidence after the disappointment of the 11+.

My DS improved on his 11+ score by nearly 20 marks, and he really felt that he had proved himself to be worthy of a GS place by a big margin.

Sally-Anne
shazzagirl

12+ results

Post by shazzagirl »

Hi I have been off the forum for some time since we had a failed 11+ appeal.
DS wasn't sure if he wanted to do 12+ he liked the upper school etc anyway we kept it very low key just a few practice papers at home. Until the day of the test we didn't know whether he would agree to take it but he did.
Got his results today and he passed quite convincingly :D .

He doesn't know yet as he is out but I will let him open the letter and just watch his face.
sarah

Post by sarah »

:D Good news here too!!!!!

I'm so pleased for you all.

Love Sarah x
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Lots of good news so far today! :D

Well done, everyone.
Etienne
Rash

Post by Rash »

This morning when I was leaving for work the postman gave me the much waited letter ever and yes she DID it
:) I learnt one thing in the whole process, to never give up! and be positive. Thank you to everyone for your support and advise.
Congratulations to all of you who have got the good news today.

Kind Regards
Rash
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Congratualtions to shazzagirl and to Sarah - very good news.

Rash, you are so right - it only goes to prove, as you say, that you should never, ever, ever give up (even when Aunty Sally-Anne tells you that she thinks that all is lost. :oops: )

I am sure that Rash won't mind me saying that her DD was initially refused the chance to sit the 12+, and I felt that, for various reasons, an appeal was unlikely to succeed and suggested that she might not want to put herself through the ordeal.

Rash very wisely ignored my advice and went ahead with an Appeal against Refusal to Test. She was successful, and today's news that her daughter has passed must be a truly sublime feeling for her.

Many, many congratulations to you and your daughter Rash. I hope she appreciates what a wonderful Mum she has. :D

Sally-Anne
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Congratulations everyone!!!!...dejavu, dad40, rash, shazzagirl, in turmoil, and Sarah.

Wonderful news, and SO well deserved. I hope you all have a wonderful day, with lots of celebrating!!!! :D :D

:D

BW