Torbay

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tracyhf1

Post by Tracyhf1 »

It is funny isn't it... because when you read about other schools they need higher scores. I know they say what they have covered at school should be fine and the top 25% would be ok with it, but part of me thinks "well is the paper going to be really hard if they only have to get 50%?". The fact they set there own papers is really quite a worry, because I don't know what papers to give her to try. We have done lots of SATS maths ones, and some 11+ ones from her extra class here. I don't know, but I hope she doesn't come out saying it was really hard.
I really hope it goes well, and I swear if she goes out to the toilet again I will throttle her when she gets out! :lol:
All the things I spoke to her about before the exam - make sure you read the questions carefully, attempt the ones you find easy first and then go back to the harder ones, choose the essay title which you think could best display your creative writing skills etc. not ONCE did I think to say "do not leave the exam to go to the toilet!!"
Kids eh?!!
I think I shall feel that I deserve a treat after this weekend, I don't know about her! She really doesn't have any idea of the importance of it all beyond that this is a nice school and it would be great for her to go there..but if she doesn't it is ok, she can go to another one. No pressure... then I slink off into the kitchen and bite my fingers. LOL
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now