Results via on-line access on 1st March

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
becki67

Re: Results via on-line access on 1st March

Post by becki67 »

I have just telephoned Devon Lea, who were extremely helpful and relayed the good news that my DS has been offered a place at Torquay Boys' Grammar.

Good luck to everyone still waiting......what a long wait it's been.

x
zoejazzmum

Post by zoejazzmum »

Yes, we put that down as our first choice. It was awful as we read it together, and saw 'place offered' screamed,hugged each other, then saw the bit underneath!!!! Am so confused..................................... :(
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Hi Zoe,

I think the best thing to do is to ring the LEA to reassure yourself that the school offered is DHS. It is terrible that there can be any confusion in an allocation letter.
zoejazzmum

Post by zoejazzmum »

Just got through to admissions, she is in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has got devonport high for girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So so so proud!!!!! :D
Naulakha

Post by Naulakha »

Fantastic news for you and your DD- congratulations!

(But no points for the LEA- I wonder how many other families are worried/ confused by the same footnote on their allocation e-mail- was this Devon or Torbay?)
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Congratulation Zoe! :mrgreen:
zoejazzmum

Post by zoejazzmum »

It is Plymouth. She said it was an error, that has gone ourt on lots of emails, she was so apologetic, felt so sorry for her, as not her fault! ****** technology!!!

But, she's in, thats the main thing......am going to pop in at lunch time and tell her!!!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

zoejazzmum wrote:It is Plymouth. She said it was an error, that has gone ourt on lots of emails, she was so apologetic, felt so sorry for her, as not her fault! ****** technology!!!

But, she's in, thats the main thing......am going to pop in at lunch time and tell her!!!
Thank you for that information Zoe. Hopefully it will reassure anyone else who gets a similar problematic email.
bluechip

Post by bluechip »

zoejazzmum wrote:HELP!!!!! I have just recieved my daughters email and it says a place has been 'offered' at devonport high school for girls, but underneath that it says, 'unfortuantly we are unable to offer you a place at any of the schools you selected........' so what does this mean!!???? xx

Hi

Mine said the same thing. I phoned them this morning and they said there had been an error with the emails. She confirmed My daughter has a place at DHSG..woooooohooooo!

I would imagine the same for you but give them a ring just to check, I didnt tell my daughter when I had the email as didnt want to then find it was wrong so she has gone to school not knowing. Ive copied the email and will give it to her in a letter tonight...I cant wait to see her face, she has worked so hard and all she has been saying is this is all she wants to get into the school :)

Good luck with your phone call :)
bluechip

Post by bluechip »

RE: Plymouth LEA admissions......

Also....anyone still waiting for the email? When I phoned the lady said they are staggered because otherwise it will crash their system, however the allocations have been made so if you cant wait for the email you can phone up.

I used the contact on the primary schools admission as the one for secondary schools was...suprise suprise ENGAGED!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now