anxiously awaiting results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

vicki198717

anxiously awaiting results

Post by vicki198717 »

Anxiously awaiting results... Has anyone had an update yet?

Also thought would be a nice place to share achievements when they finally come as we havnt had a new thread in a while :)
moonshine500

Re: anxiously awaiting results

Post by moonshine500 »

It depends where your child did the test, there has been a delay processing the results.
TGGS wrote:the earliest date we will now receive the results is Tuesday 18th October 2022. This means that the earliest date the results will be sent to you (via email) is now Wednesday 19th October 2022, or as soon as possible after.
The word coming out of Colyton is they won't have the results until half term next week (W/C 24/10/22) though they don't give a specific date. Its cutting it a bit fine for the CAF

Looking forward to getting the result and having the wait over.

Edit: since posting this, i have heard that the TGGS results for who sat the test there are out.
vicki198717

Post by vicki198717 »

Colyton recieved the results the same day as the Torbay grammars however can only think they are marking the creative writing element still that is why they are holding onto results. :shock:
moonshine500

Post by moonshine500 »

vicki198717 wrote:Colyton recieved the results the same day as the Torbay grammars however can only think they are marking the creative writing element still that is why they are holding onto results. :shock:
I phoned Torquay and asked the question of results, and they said they would be able to tell me if my child would get an indicative yes from them (my child sat it a Colyton) as they have access to all the CEM results.

It was a yes to all three grammar schools in the Torbay area.

Still waiting on the Colyton results now :shock:
dea8888

Post by dea8888 »

I can only think the delay with the results is due to an official objection on the admissions arrangements: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ember-2022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
moonshine500

Post by moonshine500 »

dea8888 wrote:I can only think the delay with the results is due to an official objection on the admissions arrangements: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ember-2022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think that the delay is down to Colyton being the only local Grammar who has written element, which may be taking longer to mark than the other schools which don't have it.
vicki198717

Post by vicki198717 »

Hi - thanks for the reply - we also received ours for Torbay. 3 yesses also so happy just awaiting colyton before we submit the CAF
moonshine500

Post by moonshine500 »

Colyton emails are out now, ours got into Colyton
If Colyton Grammar School is listed as your first preference on the Common Application Form, I would expect XXXXXXXXXX to be allocated a place for September 2023."
:D
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

dea8888 wrote:I can only think the delay with the results is due to an official objection on the admissions arrangements: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ember-2022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Haven't ploughed through either report in its entirety, but the description of the objector:

The objector has made objections to other schools in previous years about the same matters.

and the 'badge of honour' comment re special arrangements in the test marks it out as the same person who also made an objection about Chelmsford County High this year.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
vicki198717

Post by vicki198717 »

Eligible scores for all for my daughter .. elated and also meh about which school to our first
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now