11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Windsurf4

Re: Uninformed father

Post by Windsurf4 »

I am uniformed, but I have an opinion.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Windsurf4 wrote:I am uniformed, but I have an opinion.
We noticed :D
Remember, most children in the country don't have access to grammar schools, so the small number of areas that do (I think there are 137 grammar schools) can't really have a different curriculum for the small percentage of children who will actually attend a GS.
scary mum
piggys

Post by piggys »

Windsurf4 wrote:I've just been told by the mother of my kids that School's don't teach kids to pass the 11+.
Why is that?
Because the 11 + does not form part of the National Curriculum. You wouldn't want your 15 year old being taught Geography if there weren't taking the Geography GCSE would you? :!: So why would you want an entire class to be given lessons in NVR and VR or Cloze exercises if only 3 of them were sitting eleven plus exams? what about the children who aren't aiming for grammar schools? should they just sit and twiddle their thumbs?

If you are concerned about helping your children 'be the best they can be' then I suggest you read with them, discuss things with them and spend time with them.
Windsurf4 wrote:Ok, I'm not willing to not help my kids.
That's what I thought. You are perfectly happy to malign the school but unwilling to lift a finger yourself. It's strange that you are opposed to the school's initiative to encourage punctuality. Why does it bother you?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think people are misreading the double negative
"I'm not willing to not help my kids"
scary mum
piggys

Post by piggys »

Windsurf4 wrote:I am uniformed, but I have an opinion.
It would be far more intelligent to a) do some research, b) get yourself informed and then c) formulate an opinion based on what you have learned. Otherwise people might think you are ignorant. :wink:
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

This is my favourite post of the year so far :)
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

RedPanda wrote:This is my favourite post of the year so far :)
I'm with you on that!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I'm certainly liking this thread... not entirely sure it's genuine, but please keep going, it's making me look shy and retiring in comparison:-)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The other point about VR and NVR, is that they are not taught as curriculum subjects and are therefore used in an attempt to test how well the candidate can adapt to the unfamiliar / reason / work things out.

Hence the 'R' bit.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
piggys

Post by piggys »

Windsurf4 wrote:I am uniformed
I just noticed the missing 'n'. :lol:

I'd love to see you in your uniform OP. Does the 'mother of your kids' get to see you in it? :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now