Anyone starting to get nervous?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

Re: Anyone starting to get nervous?

Post by moved »

I've worried about this for the last few years! My own children are done and dusted and on to the next levels of stress, but my pupils and I build up good relationships and I've got to the anxious stage yet again.

It's my last year of worry, thank goodness. Just GCSE results to worry about now!
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

I have turned into a complete :twisted: :evil: :x :?: (which apparently translates as twisted, evil, cross question mark - which about sums me up.) I have snapped at two good friends, cried on the phone to my mother (first time in about 17 years), and spent 2 hours and 20 minutes villifying the education system to an unfortunate teacher friend. Only realised just now (splitting headache - still staring ****** mindedly at a computer screen) that this is only because I am now officially stressed about schools admissions.

I have milky drink - I have ibuprofen - I have warm cuddly bear that goes in the microwave.

I have a very bright 6 year old son who is definitely going to the nearest Comp.

Never, never again.

[no - I'm not convinced either] :oops:
colchestermum

Post by colchestermum »

moved wrote:I have a very bright 6 year old son who is definitely going to the nearest Comp.
I am beginning to feel the very same thing. I have a DD who is in year 2 and she did not seem to be as bright as DS initially (DS was reading a lot earlier than her for example) however this past year she has flown and is looking to be as bright as her brother - but she is not as confident as DS and I am not sure that a) I can go through this again and b) she would be able to cope/want to do it!!

At least I have a while yet before i have to worry!! lol
Bizziemum

Post by Bizziemum »

I know, at least you have a little while to go until you need to decide. Maybe magically, like the pain of childbirth, all this stress will be forgotten when that result pop's up on the screen/falls on the mat.
My DS2 is already in year 4 and I'm trying to decide about whether to get a tutor, go it alone etc. The problem is personality. While DS1 is the quiet, well behaved, eager to please, academic type, DS no.2 is of the "I'll do as much as I have to do and no more" school when it comes to making a little extra effort, everything is boring and would spend all his waking hours playing Lego Universe (what was Father Christmas on when he bought that in the house??). He's equally bright as his brother and getting 4a's but I'm not sure I can face the battles (hence the tutor!). He already says he has no intention of going to GS and wants to go to the local comp with all his friends!

Roll on September 2013 when it will all be done and dusted

:shock: 20 days and counting :shock:
colchestermum

Post by colchestermum »

I have three children and my DS is my eldest so I have to wait until potentially 2019 for this to be over! Now that's scary! Lol
Bizziemum

Post by Bizziemum »

You'll be on here, an old hand with thousands of posts helping all the other poor souls, who've fallen in and don't have a clue what they're letting themselves in for! Maybe, like childbirth, they pop out a bit easier by no. 3 (if you're lucky!) :D
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

No, it does not get easier the next time round :?
Bizziemum

Post by Bizziemum »

Knew that probably wasn't the case, just hoping! :D Guess, if anything, it gets even more complicated and stressful if one is already at GS (or not as the case maybe) and all the dilemmas that can throw up.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

I was definitely more stressed second time around as sooooo didn't want my second DD to feel inferior to older sister or get less opportunity.
And I have a 6 year old too - don't even want to think about that.

Best wishes to you all - it's horrible waiting....... :(
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

My second time too and definately worse than the first. I think its knowing that if she doesn't make it, as well as the disappointment, I am also going to have to deal with the blow to her self confidence caused by the fact that her brother achieved something she didn't. They are extremely competative!

I also have a six year old so that will be several of us around in 5 years time.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now